Dance Lessons

Tw: language

I am fine at dancing. Just fine, nothing more, nothing less. I probably won't step on my partner's toes, but they better be able to hold us together because god knows, I can't do it alone.

Dance lessons are scheduled for the 23rd. Since I'm going with Dream, that means I'll have to dance with him, in front of everyone. This is a very daunting thought, considering I'm going to be dancing with my kidnapper. Whatever. After all, I am the one who said yes to going with him in the first place. Why did I even say yes?

Still, I don't regret it one bit.

It is now the 23rd, a Monday, of all days. I dressed in some pretty average clothes, praying to god someone wouldn't show up wearing a dress or suit or something like that. Puffy came to get me, and I let out a sigh of relief when I noticed her wearing similar clothes.

"Well, are you ready for this?" She asked.

"No," I said plainly and truthfully. "Absolutely not."

She laughed at me as we went up the stairs to the fourth floor. "Nothing to be scared of, Dream's the best dancer in this castle." I smiled to myself.

"He better be, because I'm not."

She laughed. "Yeah, me neither. Went with George last year, tripped a hundred times at least." I laughed, imagining George falling repeatedly in my head.

I had to refrain from gasping at the sight of the ballroom. It was cleared of anything that had been there before, just now an insanely large room. My eyes focused on the chandelier, glistening brighter than ever.

"Hi Blaze." I snapped back to attention as I heard my name. Dream stood there, standing in a somewhat awkward position. Puffy left us alone, going off towards Cynthia. I cleared my throat.

"Hi," I said plainly and quietly, a blush filling my cheeks as I stared at the mask. He took a few steps back, and I followed him. There was an awkward pause.

"Are you any good?" He asked quickly and quietly.

"Am I... what?" I bit my lip, trying to stop the thoughts from rushing my brain.

"Are you any good at dancing?" He repeated himself, lengthening the question.

"Oh...... I'm alright." It seemed we were both nervous to be in front of everyone, much less together.

I recognized pretty much everyone there, except for a few maids accompanying Sapnap, George, and Purpled. Punz sat in the back with Rosita, the bartender. He smirked at me, pointing between us. I gave him a hard icy glare, making him laugh. Everyone seemed to be whispering about us... or maybe that was just in my head. Hard to tell, my thoughts do crazy things sometimes.

"Thank you for coming with me." Dream broke the silence, I glanced at him, then back at the chandelier.

"No problem, it'll be fun."

"Welcome ladies and gentlemen to dance class!" A woman suddenly ran out in front of everyone. My eyebrows furrowed at the amount of makeup on her face. She was short, unnaturally short... or maybe I'm just tall. Her skin was chocolate brown, and her hair was bright blonde. This color scheme did not look good together. She clapped her hands together and looked between all of us, and her eyes focused on me.

"Ah! Someone new here!" I gritted my teeth as she ran over to me, mostly because all attention was now on me.

And who I stood next to.

"What is your name?" She took my hands in hers, making me shudder from the amount of rings that pierced my palms.

"Blaze." I said quickly and quietly.