Ch. 2: Friends

Koichi: "Hey, you two, don't you want to take a sit somewhere up front? Like, both of you are literally on the opposite side of classroom."

It was second official school day of class 77-B and only two students attended the lessons today. These students were Rei Kamizuki and Chiaki Nanami. Both were seated at their specific desks on the end of the classroom. This meant complication for Mr. Kizakura, as he was supposed to teach them today but as they were both so far away he couldn't see or talk to them properly.

Both: "Nah. This is best spot."

Koichi: "Jeez. Fine do what you want. I will go take a nap somewhere. It is not worth it my time teaching just two of you."

Koichi then left the classroom, leaving the two alone.

Chiaki: "He gave up so easily."

Rei: "I thought he said that he is gonna try. But seems like he lied. He really doesn't care."

Chiaki: "So, are we free to go? I don't have anything to do right now though. Wanna stay here a bit? Maybe we can get to know each other better."

Rei: "She actually wants to be friends. Hell yeah!"

Rei: "Yeah, of course."

This made her smile, seems like she also hoped that she can meet new people at Hope's Peak instead of just developing her talent. That would make her same as Rei, in having this type of dilemma.

Rei: "So, anything specific you would like to talk about?"

Rei: "Please don't talk about flirting techniques. I am already fed up with that."

Chiaki: "Whatisyourfavouritevideogame? Uh, sorry. I did not ask you if you even like them yet. I got a little bit carried away. I am sorry. I wanted to make friends at high school but apart from games, I don't have much interests."

Rei: "Its fine. I also don't have much to talk about apart from... being a shinobi. I actually never played any video game before. At my place, we have electricity only once per two weeks."

Chiaki: "Two weeks? Is that some kind of ninja commandment? Like you only have access to modern technology once in a while to focus on traditions and spiritual things? That is so cool."

Rei: "No, haha. My clan tried to make power generator on a nearby river but flow of the river is so random we can only store that much in batterries. It is pretty unconventional. Sometimes we don't have electricity for a whole month."

Chiaki: "Oh, I see. So you live pretty traditional life then."

She sounded pretty disappointed. As Ultimate Gamer, games are her way of connecting with people and hearing that Rei hardly even knows what video games are probably made her anxious if he will want to be friends with her. 

Rei: "I do. But would you mind showing me some of your video games? I have never actually seen them. Maybe I will like them."

Chiaki then put up happy smile. She looked so innocent while also excited at the same time as if she was kid who just received candy.

Chiaki: "Really? You want to know more about video games?"

Rei: "Yes, why not? Maybe you could start with the game you are playing right now."

Chiaki: "Right now? Oh, this one."

She didn't even realize that she was holding her games console in her hands and already playing one of her favourite video games. Playing it was for her something like breathing, she just does it automatically, without even noticing sometimes. Only negative about her passion is that she sometimes dozes off and runs into people.