Ch. 20: Breaking point

It is now exactly three days after the Culture festival and about two days until the Practical Exams. With the former being still set deep in Rei's mind. Despite originally feeling horrible due to his anxiety, he eventually managed to let it all out and accept his character flaws, allowing himself to feel proper enjoyment from spending time with his friends without any negative feelings or regrets. 

It was partially thanks to Hiyoko, who managed to "shove her words" down his throat, as she would say. And when it comes to her, after her and Rei talked, she became...slightly nicer...we could say? It seemed that she decided to refrain from using the foulest words and insults when talking to her classmates. At least to some extent. People cannot change that quickly, after all.

Important is, that the whole class 77-B is finally back together, without anyone being distant. Even Nagito started to attend lessons normally. Weirdly, even though he randomly disappeared during the Culture festival, while making Rei feel like he was a bit angry, he was perfectly fine the following day. As if nothing happened. Shinobi decided to not bother himself with it anymore, as Nagito was visibly well.

When it comes to his mother, after he talked about her with Hiyoko, she stopped showing up. He didn't really bother wondering why. Doesn't matter if she is angry, or she just chose to not appear cause of lack of reasons for doing so. The answer behind her whole existence in Rei's life is still a huge enigma for him and is probably going to stay that way for a time being. Unless... 

-Classroom 77-B- 

It is currently quite late in the morning and the class 77-B is enjoying their free time. Right now, almost all the desks have been moved aside by the back wall, leaving only one of them in the middle. Why? An arm-wrestling competition.

It was Nekomaru's idea. He thought that they could all measure their strength against each other, both as an exercise and as friendly way to compete and see the best one out of them. Logically, there are ones who are obviously bound to win over the others, but the main premise is just giving it your best, no matter if winning or losing.

Nekomaru: "DON'T FALTER! YOU CAN DO ITTT!"

Akane: "Yeah! Give it your best!"

Teruteru: "Soda-kun! Go on!

Kazuichi: "D-damn it! It hurts but I am not gonna falter!"

Mechanic is currently in the middle of an intense match, giving it his all just to slightly move his opponent's arm.

Kazuichi: "I made a promise to myself to become a better man! For Sonia-san! I cannot lose without at least moving her arm half-point! If I don't push it at least there, I won't call myself a man!"

His whole hand has been hurting, as if on fire. All of his veins are entirely visible and his skin started to turn red due to massive burden this arm-wrestling was for his body.

Kazuichi: "Just a... slightly more..."

But as he was doing the best he could, his opponent had much easier time with him. After few short moments of struggling, she eventually overpowered the poor boy and pushed his arm towards the table.

Ibuki: "Victoryyyyyyyyy!"

Kazuichi: "Aaaah, my haaaand...."

Mechanic grasped his overpowered hand in his other one. It was still red and strained from all the pressure of the arm-wrestling match.

Nekomaru: "AND MIODA IS THE WINNER!!!"

Akane: "Nice one!"

Mahiru: "Yeah, you really showed girl power right here!"