Ch. 19: Culture Festival

Even though all the chaos that was the Sports festival has already dissipated, the peace is not going to last long. That is because of Culture festival, that is set to follow just a two days after. It was because of some schedule trouble this year, that these festivals were made to be organized so tightly after one another. At least, that is the reason the school's higher-ups are giving, no other reason was given. But it doesn't really matter for most of students. For Ultimates, it is not hard to make preparations even in just a small window of time. Which is actually a virtue, as Culture festival requires much more planning.

For those curious what a culture festival even is, it is an event that usually takes about two days. But in Hope's Peak's case, it is going to take only one day, again, due to schedule reasons. There usually is a lot of dances and other performances held on stage for sheer public to come and see. There also uses to be a lot of booths with snacks and sweets, together with a lot of different activities, mostly organized by students. A lot of students actually have each a booth, where they talk about or show off their talent to the guests.

One of the main traditions for Culture festival is also the visit of students' family members and friends. They can show their relatives their school, class and what they generally do or did in school. Or they can introduce them to their friends and classmates. Basically, it is a complete opposite of Sports festival with a lot of unique ways to have fun. But will it be?

-A day after Sports festival--Morning--Rei's dorm room-

After the Sports festival ended, Rei just got something quick to eat, and left for his dorm room. He was really mentally exhausted from yesterday, so he just needed to have that short walk, go for his dorm and eventually fall sleep. On another day, he woke up with much more energy.

But yesterday...was difficult for him also for a different reason. After having that great fight and regaining his shinobi spirit, he doesn't want it to just fade away again. He wants to...fight again. Someone. Anyone. He needs it. Or he needs to do something else that the old him would do. 

Maybe he could try and go search for Hajime again. But would it yield any fruits at this point? That is why he came up with a theory, that Hajime is or was somewhere in this school. Because if there are not any leads outside of school, there must be some inside. But even if he tried to search for him here, where should he start? The search for Hajime is stuck in the dead end, with no way of finding any new clue that would lead him the right way. And... maybe it is already too late. Maybe he is already... dead. 

It was not like he was an irreplaceable part of Rei's life, but he is still a good person and a friend that has gone missing. Chiaki is not even talking about him, not trying to keep his memory alive. Which is normal, considering that she is trying to forget, but poor Hajime does not deserve to end up like that. Maybe talentless, but a good person indeed. Guy like him could still get to places if he desired so. He is a person that deserves to be alive, that is why Rei wants to find him. 

Mio: "Are you really still thinking about the missing brat?"

Rei is currently sitting on his dorm room's floor, leaning on his bed, while trying to think about Hajime and a way to find him. Not really successfully. And when speaking about his mother, she did not disappear since yesterday. When she appears, she tends to stay for a moment or two, say her shit and leave at a time. But now...she was with Rei a huge part of his fight and yesterday's evening. And now including today's morning as well. Something is not right with her.

Rei: "For how long are you planning to stay?"

Mio: " *puffs her cheeks behind her mask* How long I want! But once again I am trying to help you and once again you are just sending me away! Not fair!"