Ch. 18: Fight between men: Part Two

-Hope's Peak Academy's backyard-

After some heated conversations, Rei returned to the sports festival's venue. He has been still pretty uneasy, especially from what his mother told him. It was not his fault. It really wasn't. No matter how much she tries to make it seem as his fault, he knows that it is not. She is full of bullshit. She is not right with this, meaning that she is definitely not right with Rei losing his touch as well. At least not that much. He did definitely mellow out a bit after coming to this school, but he has tried his best to adapt his school life to be a mix of both shinobi and school activities. He still knows how to balance his life properly, meaning that this is already behind him. Or at least he thought so.

He noticed Mr. Taro moving few meters past him so he can resume his role as a referee for a volleyball match that already started. Seems like someone took his referee role while he was gone. As the P.E. teacher toko his position by the volleyball court, Rei took a stand right next to tribunes, leaning himself on one of them. He didn't immediately want to make it back towards his classmates, he rather preferred to stay a few more moments alone.

He glanced towards Taro, noticing that he is still rather angry when resuming his referee role. Maybe he didn't need to give him that big piece of a mind. As he calmed down, he realized that maybe he went too far. But the teacher was and still is an annoyance regarding his attitude. Rei didn't really regret it. But if he could, he would choose a different set of words.

His classmates were actually ones that were having a match right now. Sonia, Chiaki, Mahiru and Mikan were currently having a pretty even match against one of other classes' teams. Sonia and Mahiru were doing the best, with Chiaki being some sort of average and Mikan being probably the worst player, but not necessarily bad. He decided to watch their match from a sidelines, to think everything through once again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

After Rei left the gym's inner building, Yuto Kamishiro, the Ultimate Spy, managed to leave the building as well. Through the same door, just a minute or two later. He was still invested in writing up everything he heard inside, while making some really important mental notes.

Yuto: "It seems that he has some kind of dispute with a gym teacher. More than a small one."

He scribbled the important knowledge down in the specific document he got from Yasuke, so everything that he writes up about him can be immediately used to make Rei's psychological profile. It is really similar to some basic personality test.

But something was wrong. He didn't really know how to process the other "conversation" he heard inside.

Yuto: "And he... talks to himself? Or... *gulp* is someone or something actually...answering him?"

Anyways, there is still a lot of opportunities today to see the shinobi in action and gather the data. He better does not miss those chances. Thinking about the data is the job for Yasuke after all.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

As Chiaki and other girls are giving the match their all, their opponents are getting slowly but surely overwhelmed. Class 77-B's girls team's teamwork is obviously a key element and it is showing. They eventually manage to win their match and make it back to their class while others take their place on a volleyball field.

Chisa: "And we have a cleaaan winners of this match! And it is my class!!!!! Oh, it's not like I am biased towards them or anything... *mumble* Maybe a little bit...."

The girls come back towards their classmates, taking a breather and having a drink to cool themselves down.

Akane: "Nice, you four. You did good!"