Ch. 23: Consequences

Yesterday, a tragedy has occurred in Hope's Peak Academy's grounds. A tragedy that shook a whole school. A tragedy, that school's higher-ups would prefer to stay inside. But because of a specific date it happened, that being Practical Exams, it could not be helped and the news of it spread faster than the wildfire. It was really unfortunate, that the day this incident came to be, had to be the exact day, when every single person is showing their interest in Hope's Peak. A media, masses, even politicians. 

As soon as that loud explosion could be heard live on TV by so many people, the panic started to spread.  And it was not long before the news of the assault of school's employees and student came to be know by the whole country. Thanks to all the chaos caused by the panic created by explosion, the school was not fast enough to be able to contain the information. The follow-ups it had, were miniscule for some, while massive for others. All the people affected by it, be it those bearing a fracture of fault, or just those who happened to be affected by it, were about to face the consequences.

---------------------------------------------------------------

After Kyosuke Munakata called for help, the first priority became to help the injured get treated, to limit the losses. Right after their conditions were stabilized, everyone started to search for the "perpetrators". Even though only one was reported by the direct witnesses and victims of the assault, other witnesses claimed the participation of other person as well, as he was supposed to be one behind the explosion. But despite the school's security team sweeping the grounds multiple times, they were not able to find any of the perpetrators. They seemingly started their search too late, with the two already having left the area.

The questioned victims refused to speak to the media, only speaking to the academy's employees, no matter how much did media try to press for even the short interview. The masses also demanded an explanation. But for them, it was only the question of curiosity. For politicians however, they demanded a detailed explanation of the event. The incident itself, together with the academy's PR management keeping quiet, kept building an enormous pressure for the school. 

They had to urgently cancel the Practical Exams. Only that created a lot of complications for them. But the inability to give the direct statement about the event, kept getting them into the worse and worse spot every moment. However, before the school can give the statement to the public, there are some people, who still need to suffer the consequences for their actions. Or we could say... inactions.

-By Hope's Peak Academy's Principal office-

The distinguished-looking man in black suit is now currently walking through the hallways of Hope's Peak. He has dark slick hair, together with dark shades, that he wears despite being indoors. In his right hand, he happens to carry a leather work case. Confidently, he aims it right towards the doors of Principal's office. He opens the door and notices two people present. To his luck, exactly two people he wanted to meet. One of them is Jin Kirigiri, the school's principal. The other is Koichi Kizakura, school's teacher and scout. 

???: "Greetings, Kirigiris-san, Kizakura-san."

The duo, who was obviously in the middle of some conversation, suddenly stopped as this man abruptly entered the office. They looked at him with curious glances, slowly realizing who this man is and why did he come.

???: "I presume you already know the reasons behind my arrival."

Jin: "We are aware why are you here, Mr. ?

???: "My name is not important here. I am just a messenger, after all."

Koichi: "We thought that they would come in person. One of them, at least. Considering how serious this matter is."