Ch. 8: On a Mission

It is now few days after the incident. The school took care of every measure so minimum of people know about it. It was pretty difficult task considering that they had to interrogate all the reserve coursers and force them to sign confidentiality agreements so they don't talk about it. If they did, they would be required to pay a massive fee to school's funds. Naturally, no one did talk. It was as if it never happened. No one remembers Natsumi getting attacked and no one remembers the fight between two main coursers that happened in the courtyard. The fight itself did not have any witnesses, but Steering Committee wanted to be 100% sure about it's secrecy.

Everyone who took part in the incident, was actually glad about it not spreading out of school. It is better this way. However, Hajime Hinata, friend of Rei and Chiaki, has gone missing. The friday night with him and his friends never happened due to him disappearing the same day the incident happened. Rei tried to find clues about his disappearance by talking to principal and multiple teachers, but no luck. He also tried to contact his close family and friends. He even paid them a visit. With Chiaki's help because going through crowds in cities is still making him anxious. But the important is.... no one really knows anything about him. He told his family that he will be doing something for school and he will not come home for few weeks. But they didn't expect him to just disappear like that. They got scared when they heard that not even his own school knows his whereabouts. Next day, he was declared missing.

Scared that someone might have kidnapped him, his friends tried to search for him in the vicinity. But they didn't find a single clue about his whereabouts. Principal supported their searches, even tried to contact his daughter who was experienced in that area. But they already gave up before he could actually contact her. So boy named Hajime Hinata, disappeared from the surface of earth. Never to be seen again, in a while. 

Without him, Rei and Chiaki were usually playing games by themselves. It was not that much fun without him, but they could manage. They still had each other. But the anxious feeling of him missing, probably needing their help, did not left them even after the week. It is certainly going to be there for a long time.

-Classroom 1-B-

Everyone is currently enjoying their peaceful free time in their classroom. The whole class is spending their free time by playing videogames together as a group. As they did at one of their first days. Everyone, except Fuyuhiko and Peko, who refrained from attending lessons after the incident. Logically, their classmates were worried about them. Even if they were criminals, they were still their friends who were precious for them. 

It seems like they are too ashamed to come back to school. Both of them were already forgiven by everyone, but it seems like that their sense of guilt is overtaking their rational thinking. Everyone accepted Rei after he confessed, so they should do same with them. Sadly, someone will have to explain it to them.

Akane: "Hmmm, this doesn't feel right."

Ibuki: "Yeah, Ibuki agrees."

Sonia: "When Kuzuryu-kun and Pekoyama-chan are not here, I don't feel that we are a whole. Like they were some pieces missing."

Chiaki: "Thats too bad. No one is really angry with them. But they refuse to come to lessons after that happened."

Akane: "Yeah. Even if Pekoyama is just standing in the background most of the time, I miss baby gangsta and his constant grumpy attitude."

Kazuichi: "Well I don't really mind them being away. They are both scary."

Hiyoko: "As expected from you. You just care about yourself, loser!"

Kazuichi: "Hey, shut it!"

Ryota: "Can we just play without them? It's not that their presence affected us much. It actually had negative effect on most of us."