A Threat Around Every Corner

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

"Congratulations, (Y/N), you've finally completed your transformation into a creature of the night!"

As (F/N) patted me on the back, I just rolled my eyes with a smile on my face, before looking out of the window that I was sitting by; the sun was nearing the edge of the viewable sky, indicating that it would soon become night, and it was odd to think that this meant that I was actually up early, since I had been woken up earlier than what was considered normal for the A&V Hero Agency. Their day starts when the sun is already gone! ...barring those who work the day shift, of course!

Tonight was (F/N)'s and my third night interning for his parents' agency, and, after being forced to stay up until we were able to see the sun on the first night, the switch to a nocturnal schedule had gone pretty smoothly.

However, I just knew that the switch back to a diurnal schedule wouldn't be so easy.

The sound of a familiar voice clearing their throat made me look away from the window, and, instead, I took a moment to glance around the passenger car of the train, seeing plenty of the A&V Hero Agency's sidekicks sitting around; since this was an evening train, there weren't many civilians present on this section of the train, which was probably a good thing, due to how talkative some of these sidekicks could be, even when still tired from being woken up early.

When someone stood up, allowing herself to be seen by all of her sidekicks, my attention moved over to her.

"Alright, everyone, listen up!"

The sound of Video's voice was enough to get everyone to quiet down, and the Seeing Hero surveyed her sidekicks as a serious expression was on her face. Wow... a situation like this really drains all the fun outta her, doesn't it?

"As you all know, we're currently heading over to Hosu to help with general patrol, due to the recent attacks situated in that area, and, even though we may not be big targets for the person we'll be looking for, it's important that we stay with our assigned groups to prevent him from taking the chance to strike," Video said, and her serious expression faltered a little as some sidekicks muttered to themselves, clear worry present in their voices, "...of course, due to most of you consisting of those with Quirks meant for tracking and patrolling, with... less-than-perfect defensive abilities, none of you are expected to engage with the villain. Just use your communication device to alert the rest of us to your current location, which would be the villain's current location as well, and then focus on getting to a safe place."

Taking a moment to glance around at the sidekicks I could see from my seat, I thought about a few that I knew weren't able to come on this outing, mostly due to their Quirks not being suited for this specialized patrol.

Perfume was taking this time to try and make improvements to his scent bombs, and I remembered the aroma of sour lemons surrounding him as he bid all of us farewell before we left the agency, especially when he took Sniffer to the side to lecture him on being safe, and to not put himself into harm's way.

Taste Tester was manning the front desk, as per usual, and just made comments about how she was glad that, while it was annoying, her Quirk wasn't going to lead to her untimely demise; despite the fact that it seemed like she didn't have any faith in her co-workers to come back from this alive, she actually did put up a fuss when she learned that I was being taken on this patrol, and almost tore into her bosses for their decision. Of course, I also had a bit of a spit-take when I was told by (F/N)'s parents that he and I would be going on this special patrol... what are they even thinking, taking us along with them?