Rest, Refuel, Relax

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

"Enough standing around!" Present Mic announced, the fires in the corners of the fighting area beginning to burn again as the crowd cheered in excitement, "Now, welcome to the ring... the next players!"

The screen switched to show pictures of Todoroki and Sero, and I felt a smile come to my face.

No matter who won, one person from my class was going to move up in the ranks. So, there's no need for me to stress over who wins... especially since I'm not sure on who is stronger, and both could be deserving of a win, for all I know...!

"He's got skills, but at the expense of some really creepy-looking elbows! From the hero course, it's Sero Hanta!"

A small frown slipped onto my face at Present Mic's comment, and I let out a little huff. That was... a little rude...

"Versus... an early front-runner in the competition who's way too strong for his own good! Someone who rightfully got into the hero course based on recommendations, it's Todoroki Shoto!"

My eyes glanced over to Todoroki, noticing an obvious cold aura around his figure, despite how far away we were from each other; even though I didn't know him that well, I noticed that his body language was stiff and angry, and it was easy to guess that this tournament had something to do with it, but there was certainly something else at work here. Geez, he must have some serious issues going on... but, it's not like I can do anything about it...

Shrugging it off, I tried to relax myself again, just wanting to enjoy the coming battles.

I had no right to care that much about other people's problems, especially if they don't tell me about them.

"And now for the second match of the finals! Ready?! ...begin!"

In a flash, Sero had Todoroki all wrapped up in his tape, and was swinging him towards the boundary line, a quick, easy victory in sight for the plain-faced boy, and the prospect of watching a short match after the last one was refreshing to me.

It was almost as refreshing as the sudden ice that appeared right in front of the stands where my class sat.

I recoiled back from the ice that sloped upwards, luckily not impaling anyone, and noticed the rest of my class have a similar reaction to me... except for (F/N).

"Huh... it got kinda chilly all of a sudden."

Turning my head to face (F/N), still rigid from the sloped tower of ice in front of me, I furrowed my eyebrows. "(F/N), if you'll please use your eyes..."

A second passed by before he perked up, and he reached out to poke the ice. "Ah, that makes sense."

"How did you not see that when it first appeared?"

(F/N) gestured to his ears with one of his hands, the other still inspecting the ice. "The cheering made it hard for me to focus on seeing, so my eyes were closed. I didn't open them until you told me to."

I only stared at my best friend, before rolling my eyes as I continued pushing myself back up against my seat.

"Tell the truth, Sero..." Midnight said, though I was unable to see her due to the ice blocking my sight of the arena, "Can you move at all?"

Due to the silence from the crowd, I swore I was able to hear Sero's voice, though I couldn't understand his words.

(F/N)'s reaction, where his smile dropped and a concerned expression came onto his face, was all I needed, though.