Obviously Oblivious and Obliviously Obvious

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

"First, how about a scavenger hunt?"

As Present Mic announced the first side game, I continued acting as a cheerleader with the other girls from my class. I would like to participate, but... I dunno, I suppose staying on the sidelines might be good for my nerves right now...

However, I did spend my time cheering keeping an eye on (F/N) as he ran alongside some of our classmates and other students, all of them trying to get their hands on one of the scavenger hunt cards that had been laid out on the grass of the arena; it didn't take long for (F/N) to grab one, and he looked down at it while I cheered in his general direction.

I took a moment to take my eyes off of (F/N), and look around at some of my other classmates.

Many of them were talking to the audience to get their objects, and I noticed Sero using his tape to retrieve a bag from someone in the audience, while my classmates were being tossed their desired objects. You know, normally I'd question on why these people are trusting random teenagers with their stuff, but then I remembered that this is U.A., and also a stadium with lots of security... their stuff is probably safer with us than with themselves!

"Hey."

Jumping a little at the sudden appearance of (F/N)'s voice, I turned to face him with a smile. "What's up? You need help trying to find your object?"

"Kinda." (F/N) turned his card around to show me the words written on it. "It, uh... kinda describes you."

The bold, black symbols on the card read "charismatic person", making me tense up, before I let out a short laugh.

"Really? That's your card?" I asked, letting out a few giggles as (F/N) smiled at me, nodding, "What are the chances of that being your card? What is your luck?"

"I have no idea." (F/N) shrugged as he waved his card around, adjusting his goggles with his other hand. "Honestly, I did think of maybe finding someone else to fill the card, but there's probably no one in this whole stadium as, er, charismatic as you are right now... because of the thing. So, anyway, mind coming along with me, Ms. Cheerleader?"

I put a pom-pom to my chin, letting out a short hum. It'll be more physical exercise, but... it'll also be super fun!

"Ah-ha! You two are totally meant to be together!"

At the sudden sound of Ashido's voice, I spun around to see her pointing at (F/N) and me with one of her pom-poms, a determined smile on her face. "I knew it! And this is just the proof I need!"

"...uh, Ashido, all he's asking is for me to fulfill his card for a scavenger hunt."

"And he could've gone with a lot of people for that card!" Ashido exclaimed, still determined as she approached us, "He didn't, though... he thought of you, and what could this "thing" possibly be, if not a hidden relationship?!"

(F/N) and I shared a look, before I shook my head and rolled my eyes at Ashido's behavior.

I simply smiled her way, almost admiring her determination to stick to her belief of (F/N) and me being more than just friends, but also just a little annoyed at her perseverance despite the plenty of evidence against her belief; if outright stating that we weren't in a relationship wasn't enough, then our lack of romantic gestures like kissing and using pet names had to make it obvious. Besides, hugging and being nice to each other doesn't have to be romantic, sheesh!