You Learn Something New Every Day

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

It was easy to say that the second day at U.A. High was much more enjoyable for me than the first day. But, due to the fact that I wasn't even able to focus on most anything yesterday because of my Charm making me drowsy from unconscious use, that should be a given...

Besides being able to focus and learn during class on the second day, I had finally been able to learn my classmates' names. Thank the world for giving me the friendliest best friend ever!

Learning everyone's name mostly came from (F/N) introducing himself first, followed by him introducing me, and then getting the target of his current attention to give him their name; it wasn't difficult to get most of our classmates to tell us their name, but a few seemed more distant and withdrawn, thus leading to (F/N) basically pestering them for a name.

I didn't necessarily agree with poking someone's face with a pencil until they gave us their name, but I was also tired of describing people as "from the Recommendation Entrance Exam" and "the boy/girl with the...".

Luckily, I think that I was able to save the both of us from gaining an enemy by using my Charm, at the usual low dose that I always emitted, to convince those who were more hesitant or cold to tell us their name, so that (F/N) would stop assaulting their body with his pointy, yellow, wooden weapon. It is going against my own personal rule of "no using Charm to get friends" a little, but... I wasn't trying to use it to its fullest power, and most everyone here needs to be exposed to the low dosage to overcome its effects anyway...

I was just telling that to myself to keep me from feeling guilty, which would then cause my Charm to amplify itself. My feelings and their effects on my Quirk are just the worst...

However, getting past all that, I was now witnessing (F/N) talk it up with a few of our more talkative classmates, and it was obvious that he wanted me to join the conversation, but I was content with sitting by and just watching. It's best for me to not say much until I have determined that my presence isn't going to affect everyone by a lot... some people take longer than others to become used to my normal Charm, while others get over it rather quickly...

At the sound of the classroom door opening, I moved my gaze off of everyone else, seeing Midoriya in the doorway.

"Hey, it's Midoriya!" Kirishima said, turning away from (F/N) and walking over to the door, "Good to see you, super!"

Standing up from my desk, I waited for (F/N) to do the same, before accompanying him over to greet his former friend.

"Man, I don't know what you were saying during that match, but you were all fired up, huh?" Kirishima asked, holding up a fist in front of himself as he smiled towards Midoriya.

"I can't believe you held your own against Bakugo. He's super strong!" Sero added, a smile on his plain face, his voice seeming to do more to show that he was impressed. Is it rude to say that? That Sero has a plain face? I mean, it's not like that's a bad thing, but some people might be offended if you told them that... whatever, it's a fact! There's evidence!

Ashido bounced on her feet, a wide smile on her face. "You did a great job dodging!"

"You guys really turned up in the first match, so none of us held back in our rounds either!" Sato said, making a small frown appear on my face as I realized that it was likely that (F/N) and I were the weak links in our round.

I simply shook my head, not wanting to fret over something that couldn't be changed. Stay positive!

"You were far from elegant, but I suppose-"