Stupefying Results

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

I had always thought that people exaggerated when they proclaimed that they were having the worst day of their entire lives, but I could now say that I was currently having one of those. I'm just straight up not having a good time...

After the ball throw, the last three tests consisted of sit-ups, a seated toe-touch, and a long distance run.

As with all of the previous tests, they all sounded pretty straight-forward, but that's only if you were talking about such tests being taken with no assistance from Quirks; as expected, everyone who had a Quirk that could help them succeed in the tests used it, leading to them getting some of the best scores I had ever seen.

That just made my average scores feel even worse, and it wasn't helped that (F/N) was also getting better scores than I was. I should just go home right now, shouldn't I?

Shaking my head, I lightly slapped my cheeks, a frown on my face. No, don't think like that! Be positive!

I glanced to the rest of my classmates, most of who looked like they didn't just spend a good chunk of time having to perform a series of exhausting tasks. ...I'm positive that I'm gonna be the one to fail...

(F/N) and I were standing on one of the sides of the crowd my classmates had formed, and only after the feeling of a weight on my shoulder did I look over to see my best friend smiling at me, his hand resting on my shoulder. There's the boy I've known for a majority of my life! ...still gonna need to talk to him later about his earlier behavior, though...

"Alright, time to give you your results," Aizawa said, making me turn my head to look at him, though that only made me clasp my hands together for the umpteenth time today, "I've ranked you all from best to worst. You should probably have a good idea of your standing already. I'll just pull up the whole list. It's not worth going over each individual score."

As our teacher pulled his cellphone out, all I could feel was the same nervous pit from before form in my stomach.

I already knew that I would be ranked last. Midoriya has that ball throw to lean on, and (F/N) did better than me in most of the tests...

I wanted to be wrong, but there was no denying that I was the student with the least amount of potential.

All because my Quirk was useless during all of these tests. Why do all heroes need to be so... physical?!

With the press of a button, a large hologram screen appeared out of Aizawa's phone, the empty ranking list it displayed being filled with the names of everyone in class; I didn't even bother starting from the top, instead moving my gaze to the last slot as soon as I could.

It read (L/N) (Y/N), in white-outlined, bold black letters.

The letters began to get harder to focus on as my vision started to blur. I'm in last place...

Through my blurry vision, I was able to move my gaze from the rankings to our teacher, who seemed to be focusing on another student, before his head turned to face me. I felt my face begin to warm up as I averted my eyes, instead choosing to look at the ground in front of me. Argh, you're not helping yourself by acting like this!

My hands clasped each other for the umpteenth time today, and I quickly noticed how sweaty they were. Gross...

The feeling of a hand grabbing my arm snapped me out of my daze, and I watched as (F/N) pulled my hands apart, one of his own now holding one of mine.