Judging Covers

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

Tapping my fingers on my desk, I leaned my head onto the hand that was holding it up, a slight frown on my face as I stared forward at the teacher standing near the front of the classroom. Is it possible to die of boredom...?

"So... as third-year students, it's time to start thinking seriously about your futures and what you want to do with your lives," Our teacher said, causing me to glance around at my classmates, each of whom I had gotten to know over the years we spent in public school, and each who had very similar goals to everyone else, "I could pass out some career aptitude tests, but-"

Our teacher swiped the papers off of his desk, a fierce smile on his face. "-why bother?"

As our teacher threw his papers into the air, I took notice of the changes happening to each of my classmates. All of which I had seen before...

"I know you all want to go to the hero track!"

My classmates cheered, most of them exhibiting their unique powers while I let a small smile come to my face.

I looked over to the boy sitting in the seat next to me, a blindfold covering his eyes as he also turned his head to look in my direction; his smile was much brighter than mine, though it came as no surprise. He's been stoked about this since day one!

"Yes, yes, you've got some very impressive Quirks," Our teacher said, a smile on his face as his eyes scanned over the classroom filled with cheering students, "But no power usage allowed in school. Get a hold of yourselves."

"Hey, teach."

At the sound of a slightly-aggressive voice, my classmates quieted down, and all attention was directed to the owner of said-voice: Bakugo Katsuki.

"Don't lump me in with this bunch of losers," Bakugo said, leaning back into his seat as his feet were perched onto his desk, "I'm the real deal, but these guys will be lucky to end up as sidekicks to some busted D-lister. Ha!"

With furious frowns, my classmates started off on Bakugo, while the boy sitting next to me and I patiently waited for everything to eventually cool down. It's a little amazing that he can get everyone so heated so quickly... I'm a little surprised that that isn't his actual Quirk...

After Bakugo challenged everyone to a Class vs. Himself fight, a small break of silence came upon the room.

"Huh, you've got impressive test results," Our teacher said, looking down at a clipboard that was on his desk, "Maybe you will get into U.A. High."

All of my classmates looked at Bakugo with surprised expressions, which had replaced their furious frowns.

"He's gonna try for the national school?"

"That school has a point-two percent acceptance rate."

"It's impossible to get into."

"That's exactly why it's the only place worthy of me," Bakugo said, before launching himself out of his seat and onto his desk, where he was able to survey the entire class, "I aced all the mock tests. I'm the only one who stands a chance of getting in. I'll end up more popular than All Might himself, and be the richest hero of all-time! People all across the world will know who I am, and it all starts with U.A. High!"

"Oh, yeah, Midoriya-" The teacher continued to look down at his clipboard. "-don't you want to go to U.A. too?"

At the mention of another one of my classmates, I glanced over to said-classmate, Midoriya Izuku, to see him with his head on his desk, his arms covering it. This... won't be good...