Hitting the Books

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

"I still can't believe you've invited a friend that isn't (F/N) over, sweetie," My mother said, a smile on her face as she set a tray of snacks on the coffee table in the living room. As soon as her hands let go of the tray, she clasped the two of them together, a giddiness present in her actions. "You've never done this before, which is weird 'cause you've always seemed to be really popular with your peers, but that must mean this is a special friend, yes?"

Feeling a warmth come to my cheeks at my mother's words, I shook my head, a small smile on my face. "Uh, no... he's just coming over so that I can tutor him, or otherwise he might not do so well on the final exam."

My mother just let out a hum, before she raised an eyebrow. "Alright... and where is (F/N), exactly? Is he at home?"

"No." I shook my head again, before focusing my attention on the textbooks I laid out on the table. "After school today, I sent him off with another of our friends, (G/N). She's gonna be going over English with him, since it's her native language."

I heard my mother let out another hum, before her eyes widened as she let out a small gasp.

"So, you didn't walk him home like you normally do?" My mother asked, putting a hand over her mouth as she stared at me, which made me avert my eyes from her, "Does (G/N) know where he lives, or are you going to be picking him up later? I know I should have faith in your foreign friend, but how well does she know the area? (F/N)'s parents would-"

"Don't worry, mom, she knows where he lives," I said, putting a smile on my face, "And, if she gets lost, she'll call me."

It seemed to take a moment for my mother to calm down, and she let out a small sigh, before raising an eyebrow; she had a glint of confusion in her eyes, making me let out a curious hum as I paused in organizing my study supplies.

"...so, why didn't you just bring your new friend over after school, instead of waiting for him to show up himself?"

"I would have brought him here right away, but..." I rolled my eyes, shrugging as a frown appeared on my face. "He didn't have any of his textbooks or anything like that on him, so he had to go home to get them. I just texted him my address right before I went home myself, and now I'm here setting up for our tutoring session."

I paused as my eyes went over to the tray of snacks my mother made. "And you made snacks that I didn't ask for."

My mother let out a small huff, crossing her arms. "I just want to be hospitable towards your new friend, that's all."

"And you did great, mom," I said, letting a smile come to my face, "I'm sure he'll like them."

The sound of someone knocking on the front door made me jump a little, while my mother immediately turned to face the door, a smile appearing on her face. Oh boy, time for Aoyama's first impression to my mom!

As my mother headed over to answer the door, I just finished up tiding up the study area I made. Alright, it's ready!

I heard the door open, and I got up to join my mother in greeting Aoyama into our house.

"Oh, hello! You must be (Y/N)'s friend, right?" My mother asked, and I peeked my head out of the living room to see the entry hallway, before looking towards the front door. I watched as my mother moved to stand near the open door, giving my classmate enough space to enter into the house. "Come in, come in! I can't leave you standing out there, can I?"

I fully stepped into the entry hallway, and raised a hand in greeting. "Hey, we'll be in the living room. Come on."

Aoyama nodded his head as he followed me, carrying his bag loosely with one hand; while I had been a bit curious why he had taken so long to get his stuff and come to my house, it was clear when I saw that he had changed from his uniform, and into more casual clothes. Of course, "casual" is used loosely, since his clothes seem fancier than anything I own!