The Future is Sealed

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

The feeling of a crisp envelope, a large wax seal keeping the flat container closed, in my hands seemed to dampen all of my other senses. This is it! The letter that'll determine my future!

"I can't believe that they're actually here!"

Snapping out of my trance caused by the object I held in my hands, I looked up at (F/N), who was busy pacing around my room, careful to not accidentally bump into anything; the layout of my room had been the exact same ever since I was a kid, so it was easy to recognize that my best friend had memorized where everything was. I have enough trouble trying to not bump into things during the middle of the night, so to see someone have to do that all the time...? Incredible...

"Y-yeah, it's pretty... crazy..."

(F/N) stopped in his pacing, and turned to face my direction, a smile on his face. "How do you think you did? I'm not sure about you, but the entrance exam I had to take was wild. The written part, not so much, but the practical exam? I can't believe that I wasn't stomped on by one of the apparently-giant robots that we had to fight."

My eyes widened, and I straightened my posture, the sheets on my bed wrinkling from my movements. "Giant robots?!"

The blindfolded boy nodded, waving his free hand around as he smiled. "Yeah, we had to defeat them to gain points. It wasn't too extreme, but I managed to make a few topple over, so that has to count for something."

"Y-you know, I was worried about the entrance exam I had to take-" I let a shaky smile come to my face, my grip on my letter tightening. "-but I'm a little glad I didn't have to fight anything."

My best friend tilted his head, his eyebrows raising. "Really? What did you have to do?"

"Uh, well, for the Recommendation Entrance Exam, we had a written part too, which was easy enough," I said, looking down at the envelope I held in my hands, "Then a practical exam, which was an obstacle course that we raced each other during, and then an interview."

"That doesn't sound too hard at all."

I nodded, a smile coming to my face. "It really wasn't... except for how amazing everyone else was!"

Shuffling my position on my bed, I loudly patted the area next to me, catching (F/N)'s attention and making him come over to sit next to me. "Everyone else was clearly the best of the best, especially this one guy who could, like, make ice and use it to move around quickly! And this other guy who could control air and use it to fly! They all deserved to be recommended, and there I was, getting recommended out of pity!"

"My parents didn't recommend you out of pity, (Y/N)," (F/N) said, slinging an arm around my shoulders and giving me a side-hug, "They know you could be a great hero, just that... you do need a little push to get there, since everyone doesn't know that... you know..."

I let out a sigh, leaning into the side-hug. "I know. No one but you and me believes that I have a Quirk, and so it would have been impossible for me to even be considered for the exams otherwise."

(F/N) nodded, letting out a short hum.

We stayed like that for a few moments, only the sound of nature outside and the normal indoor noises filling the void left from our voices. If only I could prove my power to people...

"Alright, enough of that," (F/N) said, pulling out of the side-hug he had been giving me, and standing up from my bed as he headed over to my desk. He sat down in my desk's chair, and spun it to face in my direction. "Let's get to opening these letters!"