♡Four♡

The week went by completely hectic, Haku was still missing... well, that's what everyone thought. He came from a wealthy family, so an investigation started immediately after his disappearance.

They talked to his close friends, acquaintances, anyone that could possible know about his 'disappearance'.

Gon was irritated when a certain investigator, Biscuit Krueger, interrupted his class and asked if she could speak to him. Gon didn't even know why, he never talked to Haku so there was no way that he could've been brought up as a friend or acquaintance.

Biscuit lead the teen down the hall and towards the center outside area. Gon knew he couldn't give any indication he had anything to do with Haku's disappearance and, to put it in simple terms, his death. He was irritated by the entire ordeal, but he needed to seem like just another clueless student who didn't know anything.

"Mr. Gon Freecss, is it?" The blond haired women spoke, not looking up from her notepad.

"Yes, ma'am" Gon responded confidently.

"You're one of the top honor students in your grade, right?"

"Yes, ma'am, one of the top three actually."

"Hm, smart one huh..." The blond women said, finally looking up from her notepad. Her stare was intense but relaxed, she held a wise air around her, but Gon kept his calm demeanor. "Enough standing around, Gon... did you know Park Haku well?"

"Um no not really.." Gon shrugged innocently. "He was on of the more popular boys in the school, so I didn't really talk to him much."

Biscuit's eyes seemed as if they were studying Gon's every move, his body language, the flow of his speech, and Gon saw it all. He wasn't smart per say, he always had to study, he wasn't naturally smart, he did it all for Killua. In that time he learned a lot; including how to read people, he was by no means the best but he was good enough.

In fact he learned this specific skill for Killua, when he'd see others interact with him; he could tell when things would get overly friendly and would simply 'fix' the problem.

But in this case he could tell Krueger was looking for any sign of nervousness or uncertainty as she continued to question him.

"We received some information regarding the day of his disappearance," she continued " Someone saw you talking and walking together after hours; outside of school."

fucking hell, how could I miss this, how could I be so fucking stupid as to miss one minor detail

Gon was beating himself up internally, he thought no one else was in the building at that time. Now he had to think of a good excuse.

"Oh, yes, we did walk together after school. We were discussing one of our projects for psychics, but once it got late, we seperated, and went our own ways."

"Hm..." Biscuit seemed to be writing some notes in her notebook. "Do you by any chance, happen to remember what street you two were on before you went your separate ways?"

"Oh...I believe it was on Night Painter street, near Kunugigaoka Jr high, I think..." Gon spoke, he couldn't give away any indications of the real location or else they'd search the area. Night Painter is one of the main roads to the rich people district where Haku most likely lived since he came from a wealthy family. Night painter was one of the more popular districts, apparently the name came from a book of the same name, the only difference was the order of the words; Painter of the night, if he remembered correctly.

Suddenly a voice interrupted his thoughts-

"Alright, thank you for your time, Gon." Biscuit said as she flipped her notebook closed.