♡Twelve♡

The night of the dance arrives and Gon finds himself getting dressed at his home, preparing for the events to come.

He wore some nice dress shoes and some black dress pants that were a little fitted, complimenting his legs nicely. He slipped his fancy floral top on, loving how soft and silky the fabric felt on his skin, tucking in the hem into his pants, highlighting his waist nicely. He brushed his hair a bit, giving it some volume before making it spiky, showing off his forehead. The cherry on top was the thin line of black pencil eyeliner he used to make his eyes pop lightly, smudging the dark line a little to blend it in better. He didn't use makeup a lot, but he just felt like he needed a little if he wanted to impress Killua, or at least catch his attention. 

He needed to make sure he looked perfect tonight, or at least close. He showered using his honey scented body wash, lavender vanilla scented shampoo and conditioner on his hair, even going the extra mile on his skincare routine and adding in a sheet mask just to help brighten his appearance. He needed to make sure he was the only one catching Killua's attention tonight.

He made sure he had everything ready and prepared, checking to make sure he looked fine and all his belongings before locking up his house and making his way to the school. As he walked he shifted his pants a little due to the discomfort, but told himself it would be worth it soon. He had been preparing for days; scouting out the gymnasium and even making preparations the day before. Luckily, this dance would also be a popular one, meaning there would be many people..easier to slip away going unnoticed.

But he was also thinking of hopefully being able to talk to Killua again. He's grateful that he's gotten a little more comfortable with him and can talk so casually while he's a flustered, stuttering mess. He hopes tonight he's able to find that confidence again that he had the other day when he had lunch with him.

He finally reached the school after some time, following the directional signs pointing him to the gymnasium. He could already see the flashing dance lights from the windows, hearing the music vaguely booming, he walked up to the chaperone who was taking tickets, Gon handing in his invitation that also stood as a ticket before proceeding in.

He followed the decorated halls, lines of silvery white and gold balloons up along the sides and above the hallways that all led to the main gymnasium. Taking a deep breath, he pushed opened the door a little, eyes widening at the environment around him.

Large white and gold silk ribbons draped from the center of the roof lowly towards different parts of the walls, little twinkling lights following along the fabric, more little light fixtures dangled between the ropes of fabric, creating almost a web of sorts. Tables lining the outside of the large dance floor were draped with a silk like cloth to cover them with candle like center pieces to light up the small area. There was a small buffet with a variety of snacks on the side, already getting bombarded with dolled up students. The DJ booth was at the head of the gym along with the crazy, flashing lights that beamed around the gym, the student body dancing on the floor to the beat of the music.

Gon felt completely out of his element. Normally, he wouldn't ever come to social gatherings like these; he just preferred to go into a forest, eat ramen, or draw -Killua to be exact-. But after hearing Killua would be here and also hearing about the bitch who wanted to him out that same night, he couldn't possibly miss it.

But he still felt awkward.

He stood there on the side, standing next to a decorative, low-lit pillar, watching as more and more students trailed in, filling up the gym slowly. He watched friends join their little clique of a group, squealing and complimenting each other's looks; saw guys join their own friends, commenting on other students and talking about whatever stupid shit they would think of.