♡Twenty-Six♡

It's been weeks, weeks since Gon said he wouldn't speak to Killua anymore.

Weeks and the school year is almost done, and Gon wouldn't see the him anymore, he'd be gone and completely out of his life...

It still took time for the boy to accept that.

In those weeks, Gon found himself not caring about anything anymore; his grades went down not too much but lower than what he was used to, he barely got any sleep as he found himself crying in bed, his heart hurting and aching the whole time. At school, his teachers had multiple conversations about his faltering grades, but Gon couldn't care less...to him, he lost any will to progress, he only wanted to be successful for one person...

And now that person is no longer his...

Meanwhile, Killua happened to notice the younger student's change in behavior. They had become close over the past school year, so to see the younger boy look so restless and upset concerned him.

He couldn't talk to Gon as much since they were on different academic levels, but he tried when he could; at lunch, he couldn't find Gon in the cafeteria or courtyard. He tried the halls in the morning or after school but he could never catch up when the younger would arrive or leave.

He was almost successful after practice when the track and field practice ended at the same time. Killua had called out to the boy but Gon must've not have heard because he kept walking and just left straight for home, leaving Killua in the dust.

It upset Killua to see Gon so sad and down, not like himself; yes, Killua knew Gon was a little quiet, finding it cute when the younger would stutter around him. He found a lot of things about Gon cute...

He wanted to make one last attempt, and he knew the best place to do it; after their honors meeting. They attended the honors meetings together, so hopefully he'll be able to pull Gon aside and talk to him.

When the day came for the after school meeting, Killua was determined. He and a few other students in his grade walked over to the conference room, taking a seat in the chairs they were used to. Killua sat there, waiting, for the familiar, small boy to walk in, beginning to get nervous that Gon wouldn't show up.

He was anxious; if Gon didn't show up, he'd have to think of a different way to talk to him. As if right on cue when Killua was going to give up, Gon walked through the door, the albino's demeanor immediately lighting up, but dissipating a little when he took in the other's appearance.

Gon had dark circles under his eyes, his hair was still fluffy but also a little disheveled, and just looked depressed all around. Killua was looking a little too long at the boy but Gon didn't seem to notice, sitting in his seat and looking up at the board.

The meeting went like that; Killua looking over at the tired boy while Gon just looked ahead. Killua was sad seeing how upset Gon looked and wondered if he should talk to him, he didn't want to make Gon sad any further but if he could understand what was wrong then maybe he could help fix it.

Once dismissed, he saw Gon bolt up and make his way towards the exit. Killua, with equal vigor, made his way to the door to catch up, "Gon!" He called out, grabbing gently onto the boy's arm.

Gon snapped around, he recognized the voice immediately, "Killua?"

The two were outside of the room, other honors students pouring out and making their way home. Killua smiled, happy he could finally get Gon's attention, but immediately frowned when he saw how nervous the younger looked, looking around as if he was afraid someone was watching him.

"Could I talk to you in private?" Killua asked softly. Gon gulped, eyeing his surroundings, he was afraid, but couldn't help how his heart faltered in his chest and the butterflies fluttered around in his tummy. So he nodded, seeing Killua's little smile before leading him to a more private place.

Gon knew he owed the older an explanation for what he did, why he blocked him out all these weeks. He didn't know how he would be able to justify it, how he'd be able to give a proper explanation, but there was one thing he knew what he must do..

He was going to confess to Killua and tell him about his feelings...

It wouldn't be a confession where he expects anything in return, he would just confess and say how its best for him to stay away since Killua was graduating and moving on.

Gon must have not have been paying attention because he didn't notice that they were in the courtyard. Killua stepped forward and sat on the fountain ledge, patting the spot next to him for  to sit. The boy smiled, almost sadly, before taking the spot next to the silvery white, both sitting in silence.

"Gon," Killua spoke up. "Are...have you been okay?"

Gon gulped, "W-what do you mean?"

"You seem really sad and upset lately, for a while now actually, and we haven't spoken in a long time," Gon looked away, guilty, he didn't think Killua would be so observant. "I just...if there's anything upsetting you, or bothering you, you can tell me, I don't like seeing you so down."

Gon was at a loss, "I've just been tired lately, and I haven't been doing so well, a-and I'm sorry for not talking to you." Gon felt like his heart was going a hundred miles an hour; he felt guilty for Killua, nervous for his confession, and scared that someone may know exactly what was happening.

"I just don't want you to feel like you're alone, you have me and if you have anything on your mind, you can always tell me." Killua spoke warmly, and Gon felt the butterflies flutter frantically.

Gon sighed, "I really appreciate it Killua, you've been so kind to me for so long, and it means a-a lot to me that you're talking to me now." The boy met his gaze, both students smiling softly at each other.

Gon turned away, not being able to hold a stare at the person he loved most, feeling so small and intimidated. Snapping out of it, he knew what he needed to do; he was going to give Killua the explanation he deserved, even if it meant breaking his own heart...

"Gon-"

"Killua-"

"I have something I need to tell you..."

Here goes nothing...