♡Six♡

A few days had passed since the track field encounter, and Gon was still swooning over the memory. He was all flustered and giddy at the thought,  but also beating himself up mentally for how nervous he was and how he could barely talk to the Zoldyck boy.

'That was probably my only chance, for a while at least...' he thought to himself.

He pouted to himself, his lower lip almost overtaking his upper lip, as he wrote down notes about the teacher's lecture. He wondered if there was any way he could get other way to get the boy's attention without looking like a complete idiot or coming off as a weirdo.

A light bulb went off in his head, and luckily it was lunch time, this time he would eat in the center of the courtyard; where Killua sat! He skipped his way down stairs and made his way over to the outside. Instead of sitting in the corner, on the roof, or in a classroom like usual, he sits by a tree in that's near the centered fountain. Students arriving, food trays in hand or their own packed lunches. 

He pulled out his notebook and flipped to a clean page, reaching into his bag to grab a pencil. He thought for a bit, then began writing, 'To Killua', He wrote diligently and prettily until he noticed the blue eyes he was writing for entered the courtyard. Luckily, the aforementioned sat on the opposite side of the fountain Gon was, so he wouldn't notice the boy or his plan to finally have some form of communication with the elder. 

Gon brought up the notebook to hide his face, a light pink blush spreading across his face as he continued writing. He made random conversation in the note, he didn't want to come off as creepy, so he made the note small and simple, ending it with a small heart as the signature. He tore the page out carefully and folded it nicely, adding a small-ish heart on the cover of the last fold.

He smiled to himself, hoping that Killua would like the note and not think anything ill of him. He wishes to talk to him again personally, but he was far too shy to initiate any sort of face-to-face conversation. Feeling accomplished, Gon pulled out his half sandwich and snacks, taking small subtle glances at the albino who was also eating his lunch while watching something on his phone. 

Gon was feeling hopeful, he truly hoped that Killua would like his lovely note. Positive thoughts were pulled to a halt when he heard a few students chattering nearby about the same student that's been on Gon's mind for years now.

"Yes, I heard Killua Zoldyck is completely available." The female student spoke happily as she munched on a cookie.

"Oh, that's great to hear!" The second voice exclaimed, "D-do you think he would accept something if I made it?" The voice continued speaking, this time more nervously.

'It sounds like a girl...but I'm not one hundred percent sure...'

Gon was staring down at his lunch on his lap as he continued to listen closely.

"What do you mean?" The first voice asked curiously.

"Well, you know I'm the baking club's leader, so I thought I could make him something...I don't know what he likes specifically, but I bet I could talk to him."

'The baking clubs leader is a girl...Kanna Nori, if I remember correctly' 

Gon's jaw clenched at the thought of someone with second intentions talking to his Killua.

"You know what? No, that sounds dumb, I'm not even sure if he likes sweets." The girl, now identified as Kanna Nori, said sadly.

"No, don't say that, Kanna." The girl interrupted in a comforting tone. "He'll love whatever you have to offer, plus you'd be able to maybe get closer to him."

"You're right, Maki, I'll do it. I just need to find a good time to talk to him." Kanna said, now determined.

'Oh, fuck off.' Gon rolled his eyes in frustration, 'Another one to get rid of, what a pain.'

Gon slumped against the tree, stuck in thought on what to do. He knew that student would talk to Killua soon and make whatever shit she was planning on making soon after. Dismissing every bad idea that came to his head, he became frustrated; he needed to be a lot more careful this time around since he acted on instinct with the first one.

He suddenly got an idea, one he was hesitant about, but knew he must go through with it no matter the costs.

'I'll just have to do it carefully.'

The bell for lunch rings, signaling students to make their way to their next class, Gon goes; thinking through his plan carefully and thoroughly.

At the end of the school day, he speeds down the stairs, and carefully distributes his note into Killua's locker before he could be spotted by the elder.

He watches from afar as students flooded the halls towards their own lockers, waiting until he saw the familiar head of silver and white walk with such confidence down the hall towards his own locker.

He unlocked it in no time, the small piece of paper falling to the ground, Killua immediately noticing and reaching down to pick up the little note, while Gon was watching from a distance with hopeful eyes.

The boy unfolded the paper carefully before getting to the final fold to reach the pretty letters and delicate handwriting. Gon felt like he was hallucinating when he saw a light tint of pink dust across the albino's cheeks, he felt a rush of accomplishment.

He saw Killua whisper something under his breath but looked along the lines of 'cute'. Gon flushes into a cherry red as he watched his crush fold the neat paper back up to its small form and place it in his inside blazer pocket.

Gon, smiling to himself and feeling absolutely giddy, left the school with another skip in his step. His mind now moving onto other important business.

That night, at home, he goes on his laptop, researching the safest method to go about it. The next day, after school he visits the grocery and convenience store; grabbing all essential items needed for his home and other purposes.

"Find everything alright?" The cashier clerk asks less than joyfully.

"Yes, sir." Gon responds as he watches his items get bagged.

"Ah, having a rat problem, I assume." The older man speaks as he rings in one particular item.

"Yes, actually. Those guys just come in out of nowhere, gotta handle them somehow." Gon speaks with a specific rat in mind as he hands the money over to the clerk.

"Well, I heard that stuff works every time, so I hope it works well for you."

"Thank you, I hope it fulfills it's purpose as well."

Gon goes home that day, a skip in his step; part one of his plan completed.

-A/N-

So like I'm highkey dying, I got sick, lovely, I know. It's not covid, just the flu, but I got an update out! Late but it's here!

So how are you doing?