♡Twenty-Four♡

A thunderstorm came that next morning, lightning and rain pour over the city. The clouds were a light eerie grey, when the day came, the lightning stopped and the rain subsided to a foggy mist that seemed to create a scene straight out of a horror movie everywhere you turned.

The boy found no sleep the night before, not because of the storm but because of the longer words and texts from the messages he received from an unknown number.

The night before

Unknown: I  know what you did.

I'm sorry, I think you have the wrong number

Unknown: Do the names Kanna, Uzumaki, and Aoi ring a bell?

Seeing as I know that you are linked closely to their deaths or expelling, I've also come to believe that you're involved with Haku, Yuki, and of course Kikyo

 Am I wrong?

What do you want?

Unknown: In time we'll talk about that. This was just for me to finally get your attention, for you to know that someone has always been watching, seeing and watching your sick obsession with Killua Zoldyck blossom into something so deadly and sinister.

It's not sick.

Unknown: Calm down Freecss, just know that I'm here and closer than you think.

The black-green haired student got to his locker, unlocking it with hast, gathering his belongings to proceed throughout the day. He tried pushing those messages back but how could he? The person was threatening him with information having witnessed to some of the crimes they knew he committed.

If he would get reported, the police would somehow try to link him to every single one of the mysterious deaths of the many students in the past few months. He would be sent away, away from the person he loved most and whom he did all this for.

Gon looked at every student that passed him by, observing closely for any suspicious actions. He was positive his heart never raced this fast, to think that someone knew about all his plans and executions. He always thought he was careful, careful to make sure no one was around, he always thought of everything thoroughly, except when-

His thoughts were put to a halt when he felt his phone buzz in his pocket, reaching in nervously to pull out his phone and open his messages.

Unknown: You seem a little nervous, Gon. Looking around to see if you could find out who I am

Gon looked up from his phone, watching the crowded hallway of students pass him by, walking in different different directions, each one minding their own business or talking to their peers. Gon looked to see if any were on their phones, he could see some were on social media or just listening to music, none having their messages open.

Another buzz.

Unknown: Come on, Gon, you gotta be smarter than that

For fucks sake, what do you want from me?

Unknown: You're no fun, fine no point in prolonging this. Meet me where you made your last mistake.

Gon's eyebrows furrowed rereading the text, 'Meet me where you made your last mistake'? He didn't understand what his last mistake was, unless...

The rooftop...

Gon turned to the nearest stairwell, walking fast, almost shoving the students he passed by. Some threw curses for his rude behavior but Gon didn't care, he needed to know the person behind the mysterious number, the person with unknown intentions. Why were they holding this over Gon's head? What were they getting out of this?

Gon had a million thoughts running through his head, thousands of emotions coursing through his body; mainly frustration, anger, and maybe even..fear. He couldn't have his name be attached to his victims for people to know, for Killua to know. He worked for so long to get to him, and to have him taken away with just a few words and confessions would break him.

The boy didn't waste time when he reached the entrance of the rooftop, shoving through the doors without a care. Looking ahead, he was met with no one, breathing a little too quick for his liking, heart racing a hundred miles an hour.

Another buzz, he looked down at his phone.

Unknown: Turn around

Gon looked over his shoulder slowly, wondering who the person was that held the fate between him and his love on a string. Eyes widening when he made out the figure that stood a short distance away from him, is eyes recognized them immediately...

"Retz?"

-A/N-

Hey, how are you?

So I really fucking hate Retz.