♡Thirty-One♡

It was the last week of school and everyone couldn't be happier. The year had many ups and downs, more downs than anything else, but thankfully it was all over now. Many mourned the loss of the students that didn't make it to the end of the year, their memory forever in their hearts...well, all except for two.

Gon finished all his exams within thirty minutes of starting them, knowing full well that he aced all of them. He would sit during the remainder of each period reading whatever book he had with a slight smile on his face, waiting for the day to be over. Once the final bell rang for the last day of school, all the students sighed with relief before being dismissed, running out of the room to clean out their lockers.

Gon was in no rush as he returned his many school books and went to clean his locker. He threw away any unneeded papers and put the remaining belongings in his bag before walking to the school's entrance. Students gathered in their small groups to talk about their summer plans or how they did on finals, the third years talked about graduation and where they planned to go to college. Speaking of third years-

The boy felt his hand get tugged and he knew immediately who it was just from the touch, "Kil?" He felt himself get pulled to the side. "Hello, love," The silverette spoke lovingly, cupping his face to bring him in for a kiss, Gon humming contently.

To say this was a shock to everyone was an understatement, students stopped chattering, staggered while walking, all to see the school's sweetheart kissing a quiet second year student, but the pair didn't care nor did they pay attention to the unwanted glances. The two had kept their relationship under wraps during the last few weeks, keeping a low radar since they didn't want any unneeded attention, and for..something else.

Gon could practically hear all the broken hearts knowing that Killua Zoldyck was taken, but he couldn't care less, he only cared if anyone looked at him the wrong way.

The two pulled away, eyes still locked on each other, "How was your day?" Killua asked in his love dazed state. "Good, aced all my exams," Gon stated proudly.

"My smart baby," Killua cooed as he pressed a kiss on the tan boy's cheek, wasting no time to shoot a threatening glance at the wandering eyes, making the students mind their own business. "Are you excited about graduating?" Gon asked, pulling the silverette out of his ominous thoughts.

"Oh, yeah," Killua nervously chuckled. "It's all happening so fast; next year I leave for university then I go and take over one of my family's companies, it's like I have my life written out for me."

"Well, I'll be with you every step of the way," Gon smiled, holding the silverette's hand in reassurance and Killua felt his heart skip a beat while Gon held in his slight heartbreak thinking of the silverette leaving.

"Oh, that reminds me, I-"

"Gon..."

The two turned around and were met with someone who they've been anticipating for a while now, "Retz, what's up?" Killua said casually, a certain darkness hidden behind his eyes remembering how his 'best friend' threatened his love.

"Hello, Killua, I was wondering if I could talk to Gon in private. I simply wanted to talk to Gon about something we discussed."

Killua placed a protective hand around the boy's waist, who seemed unfazed by the whole ordeal, "Retz-"

"Gon, I thought we discussed a while back about how to go about your relations with Killua." Retz interrupted, taking a step forward. "About what would happen if you continued to pursue him."

"Retz, I know you're my friend, but it shouldn't be any of your business on who I date." Killua seethed. "It is, Killua, especially when the person is as dangerous as-"