♡Thirty♡

'Dad, how would you describe love?' The small albino boy questioned, looking up from his nearly completed homework.

The taller, much older male looked up from his own work and documents, 'Well, to me, love comes in many ways, shapes, and forms; like love for family, friends, or significant others.'

'How did you know you loved mom?'

The older man chuckled as he removed his glasses, 'I met your mother two years before your older brother was born, she worked as an intern for our analyst department, I knew it from the moment I saw her that I wanted to marry her.'

'Well, how did she take to your...lifestyle?' The small boy hesitate to ask.

'She was of course adamant at first, but I promised that I wouldn't let any harm come to her or our future family, and that's the thing about love, Killua,' The boy scooted forward as he listened closely. 'When you love someone dearly, you cherish them, you do anything for them, and you protect them at all costs.'

'You make sure no one hurts them or tries to take them away from you...'

Killua dropped the bloodied knife as he looked up with wide eyes at the younger male standing a short distance away. Words caught in his throat as his heart beat rapidly, negative thoughts raced throughout his head about what Gon could be thinking.

He never wanted the younger male to see him like this, he didn't want Gon to see him as something crazy or evil- because he wasn't, he just loved the boy so much that he'd kill for him, but he was afraid the younger wouldn't see it that way.

The two stood in silence, the sounds of the evening traffic echoing down the deserted alleyway, Killua looked with worried eyes, waiting for the other to speak up, but decided to make the first move to, "Gon, love, I could explain, let me just explain, please?"

Gon met the other's blue, scared eyes, nodding causing the older male to sigh in relief, dropping his tensed shoulders, "Gon, I-I.."

Killua visibly gulped, he knew there was no reason to keep his secrets hidden anymore, he just hopes he won't lose the love of his life, "Gon, I-I love you..." Killua spoke just above a whisper, completely missing how Gon's own eyes widened at the sudden confession.

"I've loved you for so long...s-since that day, years ago, I doubt you remember," Killua continued. "When you were making flower crowns and those guys bullied you and I came got them away from you, when you were wearing your pastel green sweater and your hair was a bit fluffy, a-and you looked just so pretty, so delicate...I instantly fell in love with you ever since then.."

"Killua..." Gon whispered, barely audible as the silverette continued his confession.

"When I moved away, I was devastated, but I went because it was a good school and I wanted to get a good education so that I could be successful and worthy enough for you, so when you showed up the next year, I was so happy, so ecstatic..I ran home that day and told my parents that we were gonna be going to the same school, but I knew I still needed to focus on graduating and preparing to take over my dad's company, so I kept a small distance."

Killua took another deep breath, "I was just grateful to be in the same place as you, but..." He looked down at his crimson stained hands. "I heard things, saw things...people took an interest in you a-and..." Killua looked up at the boy who listened attentively. "I just couldn't stand the idea of someone else having you, so I took care of it...I threatened people to stay away, threatened their future with my family's power if they even thought about pursuing you.."

"When I was younger it was worse, I'm sure you heard about the three boys that bullied you disappearing," Gon remembered that; two months the city went on a search and rescue but found nothing, Gon thought it was just a coincidence that the ones who bullied him went missing the very next week, but now it made sense.