Chapter 08: "The Team"

Maya's pov:

*knock knock*

"Come in." I said, voice still raspy from sleeping and eyes barely opened.

"Wakey wakey bellissima, we have business to take of." he grinned at the sight of me struggling to crack my eyes open.

Oh lord, can I just kill him now? It's 8 in the morning ugh.

"Wakey wakey? really big guy?" I mocked.

"So we woke up sassy today." he said sarcastically.

"I'll be downstairs in a bit." I groaned.

"Good, make it quick". he left.

"gOoD mAkE iT qUiCk" I imitated Xalio in annoyance.

I got up and went to take a shower.

It had big windows, allowing me to see the city and NO, the penthouse is far from the buildings so they can't see you taking a bath

It had big windows, allowing me to see the city and NO, the penthouse is far from the buildings so they can't see you taking a bath. It was very modern and beautiful. Hell, it even had a modern chandelier.

"Today is the day. I'm going to meet Xalio's team. I'm nervous but also excited. I'm getting closer to my goal. I just have to get them to trust me without suspecting anything and I'll be clear." I said to myself. "Ian Declan me estoy acercando a arruinarte."

I got dressed and went downstairs. Xalio and I took care of the company's funding and some of Xalio's shipments. It all took three fucking hours ugh.

"So that's done, can you tell me where the gym is?" I asked.

"Yeah just go down the stairs and take a left." Xalio replied. "Be here by 4 pm for the team meeting though." he added

"I know, thanks." I replied and left.

"A girl who works out... hot" he whispered. "Let's see what bellissima can do." he smirked.

I really wanted to work out. It always helped me distract myself from all the overwhelming bullshit. It was like an escape. I either worked out or danced. I loved dancing. I got it from my mother, she loved dancing too. She was an angel well, a badass angel to be precise. We used to dance together before she was taken away from me forever.

I boxed and boxed some more. I started kickboxing when I was 16 and am now a black belt. Raven and Alucard were my training buddies. They shaped me as a fighter, as a leader, as everything.

Xalio's pov:

I went down to the gym and that's when I saw her. She was wearing a black sports bra and some black leggings and she was boxing. Where did she learn to box like that?

She was taking out all her anger on the punching bag and she looked scary as fuck. Did that turn me on? yes it did. I found myself staring at her, watching her punch the bag.