Chapter 15: Girls' night

Maya's pov:

I woke up to see Xalio's head rested on my shoulder and my hand tangled to his.

I looked at him for a while but I knew I had to let go. I gently shrugged his head off my shoulder and onto the chair headrest. I pulled my hand back and got up.

Xalio's pov: 

I felt her gently let go of my hand and get up. I just wanted her to stay for a little while but I knew she couldn't.
Last night, I might have slept on a lazy chair but it was the best sleep I've had in a long time. I forgot all my problems. I felt at peace. She made me feel at peace.

Maya's pov:

I made my way to my room to freshen up and went down to my office to do some digging on Ian's present location.

Suddenly my office door flung open, making a creaking sound at the hinges. I abruptly closed my computer screen.

"Maya! Girl!" Karla cheered.

"Someone's cheerful today." I laughed.

"YES WE'RE HAVING A GIRLS' NIGHT!" She twirled.

"Oh great!" I cheered. Should I really go? I mean they won't let me stay in so there's no choice really.

"We'll meet in the hall at 8 then." she informed.

I nodded.

As I continued my search, my phone rang. It was Raven and Alucard.

"How'd it go yesterday?" He asked.

"Xalio followed me for fuck's sake. Don't worry though, I took care of it." I rolled my eyes.

"Well shit." Alucard facepalmed.

"I told you this would happen, Al." "I think he's a little suspicious but it's fine." I sighed.

"That's good. Listen we located their hideouts. We're gonna blow them up today." Raven informed.

"Good job guys, we're getting close to the end of The Serpents. Buena suerte."

"Te amamos." they said.

"Yo también los amo." I hung up.

*knock knock* "Bellissima, I heard you have a girls' night today? Don't kill someone behind the alley again." he joked.

"No promises gilipollas." I laughed.

"Anyways I wanted to say that I'll be out till 6 and then we can work on the deals." He said as he looked at his phone to check the time.

"Alright, cool" I replied.

"We'll meet at 6 then Ms. Hart." he smirked.

"We sure will Mr. Moretti." I smiled.

He walked out of the room.

I worked on locations and coordinates and some shipments for a few hours.

[2 pm] I went to the gym to work out for a while. I did some cardio, kickboxing. I didn't realize when the hands of the clock changed to 3:30 pm.

I took a shower and went down to have a snack from the pantry.

I went back up to my room and took a nap for 2 whole hours. I woke up to the annoying ringing sound of my alarm.

It was 6 already? Xalio was coming back. I have to go to his office. Time to seal some business deals with the devil. FUN.

*knock knock* "Come in." he said.