Chapter 17: Unraveled

Maya's pov:

[Present day]

It's been 2 days and I haven't spoken to Xalio yet. Whenever he would bring up the kiss, I would avoid him.

I knew I had to talk to him but I had to tell him the truth first.

Xalio's pov: 

She's been acting really strange since the past two days. She always makes small talk and avoids me as much as possible. Is it because of the kiss? I knew she felt the same way I did, she didn't hide it that night. So what's the issue here?

Maya's pov:

"No I haven't told them yet Rav." I spoke over the phone.

"You know you have to peanut." Raven sighed.

"I'm scared, what if he doesn't take it well. What if he kills me?" I sighed.

"Maya.. you have to risk it. He won't kill you, he likes you, peanut."

"Rav's right, May-May. You have to do this no matter what. Nothing will happen to you." Alucard added in.

The truth is, Xalio had been looking for The Silver Shadow for a long time now. He needs me for some hit jobs. He doesn't know its me, OBVIOUSLY. For the first time in three years...I'm scared.

[Meanwhile in the security room]

"Did you find anything on The Silver Shadow?" Xalio asked.

"Not yet boss, he's very good at covering his tracks." Elijah replied.

"Well find him, we need him to finish Dagger and his gang." Xalio commanded.

"I'm on it boss."

I was walking to the kitchen when I saw Xalio standing by the kitchen island.

"Stop avoiding me bellissima." he commanded.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

I tried to avoid him once again.

"Tell me what's bothering you, because I know something is and don't tell me otherwise." he blocked my path.

"Alright, I'll tell you." I sighed "Call the team in the basement."

"But why?" He asked.

"Just call 'em."

In no time everyone was in the basement.

"Okay, so now the thing y'all are here for. I've been hiding something from you guys for the past two weeks and its about time I tell y'all the truth." I announced.

"Let me reintroduce myself, I'm Maya Lion, leader of The Lions."

Gasps filled the room.

"I'm also known as The Silver Shadow in the assassin world and The Snow Tigress, the underground fighter."

"What- you- I-" Riley struggled to speak.

Xalio didn't say a word. He just looked at me. His eyes fell, he was upset.

"I'm not the CEO of Carlo Inc. , I'm here to get your help in order to kill an old enemy of mine, Ian Declan, the leader of The Serpents."

"You lied to us, she's a liar! I knew she wasn't trustworthy." Lidia yelled.

"Talk about her like that one more time and I'll skin you alive." Xalio warned.

"You're taking her side now?"

"Get the fuck out of here." Xalio commanded.

"Gladly." she walked out.