Chapter 11: "What is it with you and surprises?"

Maya's pov:

[Present time]

Its been a week since I've been here and I've grown quite close to Noah, Ryder and the girls (except for Lidia of course). Me and Xalio are still the same, he annoys me and I threaten to cut him into pieces BUT ANYWAYS I honestly didn't expect these people to be so kind. I thought I'd have to kill myself the very first day but look who survived a week in the Moretti penthouse.

I was sleeping peacefully when Noah decided to pull a little joke on me.

"Time to wake up Ms. Hart" Noah whispered to himself and climbed on the bed beside me.

*inhales deeply* "MAYA WAKE THE FUCK UP" Noah screamed causing me to bounce up the bed.

 "WHAT THE FUCK! you're so dead!" I furrowed my brows and slapped him.

"Ow Maya what the hell!" Noah cried.

"Wake me up like that ever again and I will crush your vocal chord."

"Jesus, you're scary woman." Noah climbed down the bed. 

"I know" I replied with a smirk replacing my frown.

"Karla made breakfast for us today, so wake yo ass up and move it to the shower quickly."

"Alright alright, I'll get up ugh." "Now fuck off Noah."

"Rude." Noah rolled his eyes.

Half the day went by pretty normally. I spent some time with the girls and Noah, Ryder and Xalio were sealing some deals, so I didn't see them much.

I was on the rooftop, looking out at the city when I felt a hand grip my shoulder and a heavy voice whisper "C'mon bellissima, I have a surprise for you."

I didn't turn around, already knowing who it was. "What is it with you and surprises?"

"Can you stop judging me for once in your life and come with me?" Xalio groaned. 

"Lead the way big guy." I laughed.

"Put this on." he said handing me a blindfold. 

"Are you going to take me to a dark alley and kill me?" I joked. 

"Ehh no its too soon for that." he laughed. "Now put it on."

He led me to what I could figure was downstairs from the rooftop to somewhere beside my room. He guided me inside a room. "You can take it off now." he said, switching the lights on.

"An office?" I looked over to Xalio

 "YOUR office" Xalio smiled.

The hell? This man makes hating him so hard for me ugh. Why did he do this? I mean its a goddamn office!

"What do you mean? Xalio don't tell me you got this renovated for me too"

"Kind of. Well, it was my old office and I just changed some furniture and got it all cleaned up"