Chapter 32: First date and life at stake

Maya's pov:

I gazed at him without uttering a word. His hands held mine and his eyes screamed "please say yes". I thought on it for a while and lastly settled on a choice.

"Xalio I think we're better off as just friends... I don't think I can do this." I refused eye contact.

His eyes fell and his hopeful smile slowly took the shape of a frown. "Okay, it's your decision after all."

"I'm kidding gilipollas, I'd love to be your girlfriend!"

"Never play with me like that again, alright?" he leaned in and touched my forehead to his. "You have no idea how happy that makes me." he grinned.

Xalio's pov:

Girlfriend? really? I've only had one girlfriend till now, that too in high school and since that nightmare I swore to not let another girl get that close to me like that but here we are, sitting on the rooftop of my penthouse, on a starry night, confessing our feelings to each other like a scene straight out of a book.

Maya's pov:

"You're the first person I'm trusting with my heart after Jack, if you break it, I will kill you." I warned.

"I wouldn't dare." he chuckled.

We sat there, talking and I didn't realize when we fell asleep. In no time it was morning. I woke up to Xalio's head laying on my lap and my hand wrapped around his torso, his hands gripping my wrists to keep them from not moving.

I tried loosening his grip but man how was he this strong even while sleeping.

"C'mon let me go, Xal." I shrugged my hand.

"Nooo, don't go." He mumbled as he tightened his grip.

 "You're such a baby, I have work to do, amore." I laughed.

"What did you say?" he cracked his eyes open and looked at me.

 "I said, I have work to do." 

"No what did you call me after that?"

"Amore, why? you call me that all the time. It's high time I start calling you that too." I giggled.

He said nothing, just grinned like an idiot. I felt his hand slowly losing its grip. I took a leap and escaped his embrace.

"You sneaky little thing." He groaned.

I laughed.

"Let me take you on a date bellissima.." he said lowly.

"A date? hmm, let me think..."

"Oh c'mon now Maya!"

"Okay okay, if you're so eager then sure." I giggled as I kissed his forehead and skipped downstairs.

"Thank you for being so considerate." He joked.

I went downstairs, brushed my teeth and went to grab some breakfast and I saw Alucard, Karla, Raven and Ryder standing and talking by the kitchen island. So naturally, I joined them and Xalio followed right after.

"Morning peanut." Raven passed me a cup of coffee.

"Morning y'all and thanks." I sipped up.

"Oh god, May! You have dark circles!" Alucard gasped.

"What the hell? No, I don't." I said in an offended tone.

"Hey, that's my girlfriend you're talking about!" Xalio walked up to us with a cup of coffee.