Chapter 24: Celebration

Maya's pov:

The next morning was not that productive. I went out for coffee with Rav and Al and then worked out with Riley.

We talked as we wiped our faces and drank water while coming out of the gym.

"So you and Xalio huh?" Riley nudged my arm.

"Oh don't start Riles! We haven't given it a label yet."

I chugged water as we walked up the stairs and took a stop in the living room.

"But you guys have so much chemistry!! It's so cute!" Riley cheered in admiration.

"You're impossible." I facepalmed.

"She isn't lying bellissima." Xalio snuck up from behind my shoulder.

"What the- don't sneak up on me like that gilipollas."

Riley gave me a "see I told you" look. I gave her a "shut the fuck up" look in return.

"Yeah of course you agree with her." I scoffed at Xalio's flirtatious remark.

"He agrees because it's the truth, Maya!" Riley yelled, making her point clear.

"I can't hear you." I joked, trying to ignore her assumptions.

"Oh don't you dare ignore me, Maya Lion." Riley warned.

"I can't hear you ba dada da da dada dada" I stuck my fingers in my ear and skipped off.

"Amazing girl you've chosen there Xal." laughed Riley.

"One of a kind, ain't she?" Xalio chuckled.

"Totally." Riley said in agreement.

As I skipped through the way to my room, Raven came in from behind me and began to twirl around my room in joy.

"And what happened to you?" I laughed.

"Peanut's happy againnn, peanut has a crush againnn, peanut is ready to love againnn." he sang as he continued to twirl around.

I grabbed his shoulders to stop him in place and asked " What in the world is up with all of you today?"

"Xalio and Maya sitting on a tree..." Raven continued to sing.

"Finish that sentence, I dare you." I roared.

"...k-i-s-s-i-n-g." Raven muttered in a low voice.

"Raven shut up!"

"First come love, then come marriage. Then come Maya with a baby carriage." Raven ignored me.

"You're so dead."

I chased after Raven. We ran across the halls, past a few people and knocked down god knows how many things.

"I SWEAR TO GOD RAVEN I WILL KILL YOU!"

"NA NANA NA NA YOU CAN'T CATCH ME!" Raven sprinted around the couch where Xalio, Riley and Alucard were seated.

"Oh my god, they've started with their chasing bullshit again." Alucard facepalmed.

"This is a normal thing?" Riley asked.

"Ehh they get into worse fights usually. The chasing is usually just step 1." Alucard laughed.

"Phew, I think I lost Maya." Raven panted as he ran towards the couch after taking another round of the penthouse before me.

I think Rav forgot that I never lose. I took another lane so that I could sneak up on that motherfucker. Mwahahaha.

"GOTCHA!" I jumped on his back from behind and yelled.