Chapter 13: Mama and Papa

Maya's pov:

The next morning, I woke up with a splitting headache and throbbing heartbeats.

"Time to take a cold shower." I crawled out of the bed. "What time is it? Shit it's 6am, I have to be in the office at 7!"

I quickly took a shower. Grabbed a pant suit from my closet and threw them on. Brushed my hair, put it into a sleek ponytail and red lips of course.

"I'm here!" I panted as I stood in front of Xalio's office door.

"Right on time Ms. Hart." he praised.

We looked over the important documents and left for the meeting. We reached the meeting area in an hour or so. It was already 9:30 am when we reached there because of traffic.

All I saw inside the giant white room were CEOs, COOs and millionaires, billionaires.

There were about sixteen people, most of them being old dudes.

We started with the meeting and it went on for a whole hour. Just as everyone was leaving, my phone rang.. it was Raven.

"Sorry I have to take this."

Xalio's pov:

Just as she left to take her call, one of the CEOs, Mr. Black took a stop near me and said " Sexy little thing, ain't she?" My blood began to boil.

I wanted to beat the shit out of this man right now. I calmed myself down and said "Talk about her like that one more time, and you'll be buried right under this building's ground."
My jaw clenched, hands formed a fist and I was furious. HOW DARE HE objectify and disrespect MY bellissima.

[Back to Maya]

"Is everything alright?" I entered the room.

"Yeah he was just leaving." Xalio informed.

It was an awkward quiet ride home. I didn't know what happened and Xalio didn't tell me but I think the CEO said something to make him mad.

We reached his penthouse and I went back to my room, changed into some sweats and a tank and took a nice 3 hour nap to fix my sleep schedule.

I woke up to my alarm set for 12:30 pm and I went down to have lunch. Ryder, Riley, Noah and Xalio were already sitting down by the dining table.

"Where's the rest of the team?" I asked.

"They are at their place today. I gave them a day off." Xalio replied. 

"Oh alright." I sat down.

I never really built a proper relationship with the rest of the team. They are hardly present here with us all and we only talk if there's a mission or if we need any information.

We all talked a bit and finished eating.

"Oh my god girl, your rings are so cool! Why am I noticing this just now?" Riley commented.

I wore rings, a lot of them. On my left hand, I wore a thick black metallic ring on my index finger, a platinum lion ring on my middle finger and another one on my little finger.
On my right hand, I wore one on my middle finger and one on my little finger.

"Haha thank you! They come on very handy if I have to punch someone." I laughed.

"Remind me to never piss you off because those punches gonna hurt." Ryder joked.

Laughter filled the room. For a moment it felt like we were all a big happy family.

Afternoon went by and it was 4 pm. I had to go to the graveyard, to visit my parents' tombstone.