Chapter 18: The Lions

Maya's pov:

The next few days went by in a blur, we kept looking for The Serpents and I wasn't handling business deals anymore. I went on a few hit jobs and handled some shipments. Fucking finally. I was sick of the corporate people.

The gang was supposed to come a few days back but there was some delay due to which they were to be arriving today. I haven't seen them in so long, I was so excited!

Oh and also today's my birthday. I don't like making a big deal of it since my parents passed away. It just doesn't feel the same.

Raven and Alucard always got me a cake and we had a small party with the team, even though I hate celebrating it without my parents, Rav and Al made sure I celebrated it even in the smallest way possible.

I went downstairs to see Xalio, Noah and Ryder standing by the dining table.

"What's up Lion?" Ryder greeted.

"What are you up to today?" Noah asked.

"Nothing, just waiting for my team to come." I pulled out a glass from the kitchrn cabinet.

"You two are gonna love Raven and Alucard, probably even team up with them to annoy the fuck out of me." I added as I filled my cup with water.

"Can't wait." Ryder laughed.

*phone rings*

"I'll be right back." I said.

"Noah, its been two weeks already and they haven't slept together yet. Looks like I'm winning." Ryder whispered to Noah.

"Shut the fuck up and give it a few more days. I'm winning for sure." Noah whispered back.

"The fuck are you two whispering 'bout?" Xalio asked out of curiosity.

"Nothing boss." They said in unison.

"Boss? Oh you two are up to something. Whatever it is stop doing it." Xalio rolled his eyes.

We had lunch together and soon it was 3pm.

Riley, Karla, Noah, Ryder, Xalio and I were sitting in the living room, talking about some new rifle bullet shipments.

"Did you miss us, peanut?" A voice spoke from behind.

I instantly recognized it. I got up, ran and leaped into his arms.

"DUMMY" I cried.

"What am I, chopped liver?" Alucard rolled his eyes from behind Raven.

"AL!!"

I grabbed both of them and pulled them into a tight hug.

"We missed you boss" Jacob waved from behind.

"I missed y'all too."

Xalio's pov:

Boss... why is that so hot? Looking at how she is with her team, makes me grin like an idiot. She considers them family. Just like me.
The whole team entered and gathered around Maya. They respect her but at the same time treat her like a close friend. Just like mine.

Maya's pov:

"Guys, this is my team. Call your team in the basement gilipollas, we'll meet there."

"As you say, bellissima." he laughed.

Raven nudged my arm, raising his eyebrows at Xalio's subtle flirting.

"Shut the fuck up and move your ass." I smacked his head.

"Nice to see you after so long too." He laughed.