Chapter 34: Grief

Maya's pov:

The next morning was the same. No movement from Xalio's side. I spoke to him every day only to get silence on his behalf. I prayed for his betterment every day.

Jacob and Elijah were still locating Scar and we were all coming up with plans.

My daily schedule was to wake up, go to the penthouse, freshen up, grab a coffee and come back to Xalio.

And just like that three days passed by. No sign of Scar till now.

Karla was about to walk in to check up on Xalio when Alucard stopped her.

"Karla, listen!" He called.

"What's up?" She turned to him.

"Listen, I know it's not the best time to say this...but I don't think I can wait."

"You're scaring me Al." her eyebrows curled up.

*deep breath* " I really like you." " Will you maybe umm uhhh... be my girlfriend?"

"Wait what?! Oh god I'm so sorry but I can't." she frowned.

"Oh umm that's okay..." his face fell.

"Oh god I'm kidding OF COURSE I'd be your girlfriend!" She laughed.

"My god, you scared me there." he facepalmed.

"So.... I'll see you later?" He asked.

"You sure will." her cheeks turned pink as she turned around and walked into the room.

"Maya, you need proper sleep...you can't keep doing this." Karla rubbed her warm palms on my shoulder.

"I know I know but I can't leave him alone." I sighed.

"Think about it okay, at least for a few hours but just get some rest." she advised.

"I will I will." I passed her a faint smile.

After she left, I held Xalio's hand and said,

"Please Xalio, wake up. I have so much to tell you. I want to tell you that I realised that I don't like you...I fucking love you." " I'm in love with you, gilipollas."

"I was never in love with Giacomo, Xal, I was only in love with the idea of love. Do you know how I realised that? Because he was never able to make me feel things that you do."

"At first I was scared, scared to love someone again and I ran from my feelings for a long time. But now that you're laying here...I can't fight this anymore. I'm sorry it took me this long to realize." I sniffled.

Suddenly the heart rate monitor went crazy. It beeped continuously and rapidly.

"Doctor! Dr. Ava!" I called.

"Maya, please go out, we need to examine him." she commanded.

"But- but" I stuttered, teary-eyed.

"No buts Maya! Out NOW!" she yelled as other doctors ran into the room.

Soon, the operation bulb turned bright red.

Everyone was tensed. Pacing around the hallway, everyone prayed for him to wake up.

We waited outside for almost three hours when Dr. Ava came out with a long face.

Everyone panicked and what Dr. Ava said next, left us all in deep shock.

"I'm sorry... we tried our best but... Xalio's dead." she sniffled.

"No... you're lying." "He can't be dead. HE CAN'T LEAVE ME, HE CAN'T LEAVE US!" I fell on my knees. "Please tell me you're lying."

"I wish I was Maya." she couldn't look me in the eye.

"I'm so sorry it's all my fault." I broke down. "Whatever I touch, gets destroyed... It's all my fucking fault." I cried.

"None of it is your fault." Zayn rubbed my back.

I walked into the room, to see Xalio laying there, lifeless, pale.

"I'm sorry Xalio, I'm so fucking sorry." I put my forehead on his hand and cried.

I couldn't hold it in. I just couldn't. Scar has made the biggest mistake of his life and he'll pay for what he's done.

[At Scar's]

"Boss, our plan was successful... Xalio Moretti is dead."

"Ahahahahahahahaha" Scar cackled. "Now it'll be so easy to get to Maya."

"What's the plan boss?"

"They'll take Xalio to the graveyard and I know for a fact that Maya would want to stay there longer than the others." he explained.

"Then we'll get her to be alone and then finish her for good."

Maya's  pov:

"Jake, El, did you find anything yet?" I asked.

"We're almost there Maya. Just a little more time and we'll get him." Jacob assured.

"Make it quick guys. We need to be ahead."

"On it boss."

I went back to my room and fell on my bed.

"It's not always the fear of losing them that scares us. It's that we have given them so many of our pieces that we fear losing parts of us when they are gone."

I always thought that maybe, just maybe, because I've lost so many people before, I wouldn't lose anyone this time but life proved me wrong and did it yet again. Took someone away from me, again.

"Maya! Come down here quick!" Jacob called.

"What's up? Did you find something?" I rushed into the room.

"We were watching the CCTV footage of the hospital and look!" Elijah pointed at a man and zoomed in on him.

"Look at the tattoo" Jacob pointed out. "It's one of Scar's men."

"Scar knows he's dead." I gasped. "He's going to execute his next plan soon now."

"We've located them, Maya." Jacob typed away.

"Good... call the team here, because I have a plan." I commanded.

To be continued...

Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter! I'm sorry the recent chapters are short, I have to stretch this story till chp 40 bc my perfectionist self can't end stories at any random number. Xalio's dead? What is Scar going to do next? What is Maya's plan? Keep reading to find out ;) ILYSM xx