Chapter 12: Get to know us

Maya's pov:

The next day went by as usual. Business deals, Noah and Ryder bugging me, Xalio pushing my buttons, Riley and Karla helping me get back st Noah and Ryder and Lidia giving me death stares; yeah that sums it up.

The day went by pretty fast and it was evening before I knew it. The girls and I were laying by the pool on the rooftop.

"Lets go clubbing." Karla suggested.

"Hell yes!" Riley agreed.

"Ehh I don't feel like it." I sighed.

I wanted to keep a low profile. The mission would be compromised if someone recognizes me.

"Oh c'mon Maya, you're in here all day. Let your guard down for once girl and come party with us. We'll book the VIP section so that there is less crowd and more privacy. We'll go to one of Xalio's clubs.

"Alright, let's do this." I laughed.

"Yes!! let's pick out some bomb outfits and make all of those heads turn." Riley cheered.

"Meet y'all downstairs in an hour then." Karla waved and left.

I went back to my room and started looking for an outfit. "The fuck do I wear? ugh." I groaned, pulling out clothes from her cupboard and throwing them aside.

After 10 whole minutes of searching, I decided throw on a black bralette and a pair of blue denim shorts which I paired with some black thigh high boots and finished the look with my silver lion pendant. I kept my hair parted down the middle and put on minimal makeup, some eyeliner and classic red lips.

I walked downstairs to see Riley and Ryder waiting. "Where's Karla?" I asked.

"Ugh last minute duty calls. She told us to go, she'll come some other day." Riley groaned.

"This nimrod asked if he could join." she looked at the grinning Ryder.

"Wow Maya, you look...good" Ryder checked me out.

"Maya, you know, if you don't want Xalio I'm available." Ryder teased.

I walked closer to him and whispered in his ears "Yeah I'll pass." and laughed as I pulled back. "Now move your ass Ryder" I yelled.

[At the club] 

"Yo Ryder, Riley wassup" the bartender greeted. "And who might be this gorgeous lady?" He flirted as he scanned me up and down.

"My eyes are up here buddy." I snapped him out of his trans. "It's Maya."

"*cough* Xalio's girl *cough*" Ryder informed the bartender. 

"Oh umm *cough* what can I get you Miss?" he choked.

"You guys need cough drops or something?" I said as I couldn't understand why they were coughing.

"Anyways, I'll have a whiskey, on the rocks, Riley will have tequila and Maya over here will have whiskey, neat right?" Ryder changed the subject and looked at me for a nod of confirmation.

"And looks like you've got a good memory." I joked.

We got to know each other better over drinks. I really wanted to tell them about my real self but I had to restrain myself.

"Has Xalio always been this annoying or is it just with me?" I casually threw it in.

"Always been like that babe." Riley laughed.

"He's usually a bit more grumpy but since you arrived, he's kind of changed. What voodoo magic did you cast on him?" Ryder raised his eyebrows.

"I'm sorry I can't disclose that, its a secret." I giggled.

"What's the scar story? I mean only if you're comfortable.." she hesitated.

"Oh its alright...I got into an ugly fight with someone and this happened." I replied.

It was the truth, it was from an ugly fight but I didn't tell them that it was my assassin self fighting against Ian's men.

"Oh it must've been a horrible fight because that scar is very deep." Riley looked concerned. "I at least hope you won though." she lightened the mood.

"Maya never loses bebita." I said as pride took over my emotions.

Riley and I laughed.

I have to admit, it was the most fun I've had in a while. We danced like crazy which made me think of how I used to dance with my mother in my room. I saw her beautiful smiling face in front of me like she was right there and I wanted to hug her so tight.

"Let's head back, its getting kinda late." Riley yelled as the music was loud.

We got into the limo and we went back to the penthouse.

I went up to my room and took a cold shower to sober up a little bit. "Shit I forgot to bring my fresh clothes in." I facepalmed.

I came out in a towel consciously as I hadn't shut the room door before getting in the shower. I came out to find Xalio standing in front of my door. I froze.

Xalio's pov: 

I looked up and my eyes fixated on her. She looked so fucking hot in that towel. GOOD LORD. I caught myself shamelessly staring at her perfect body and lightly wet hair, she had already dried it a little; water dripping down her collarbones, she looked like a goddamn dream.

Maya's pov:

"Earth to gilipollas." I snapped my fingers to zone Xalio back in.

"If you keep showing up like that in front of me, it would be really hard for me to keep it together Ms. Hart."

"Show up like what? In a towel? Dripping wet?" I walked closer to him and fixed his collar.

His lips parted slightly and he held his gaze at me. "You're enjoying this so much aren't you?"

"Oh you have no idea." I looked up into his eyes.

He shrugged and walked back a few steps.

"Glad to hear that. Well, tomorrow is a big business deal so be ready, we'll meet at my office 7am sharp and leave for the conference" He informed.

"Alright, sounds good." I nodded.

"Well um I'll let you get dressed now." He said as he fixed his trousers.

He acts like it doesn't affect him but his friend down there says something different. Time to tease mwahahaha.

"Am I distracting you Mr. Moretti?" I teased.

"Trust me you don't want to know the answer to that. Have a good night Maya." He coughed.

"You too Xalio." I laughed.

Tomorrow is the day. 3 years of my parents' death. My heart sank as I recalled that moment. The worst day of my fucking life.

To be continued...

I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter! What do you think will happen next? Did Xalio just give us a hint that Maya makes him feel some type of way? Keep reading to find out. This chapter is dedicated to one of my first ibfs ever! thank you for hyping me up and supporting me everyday Georgie Ilysm! Leave positive feedback! Ilysm xx