Chapter 25: Backstabber

Maya's pov:

"Raven, come to my room NOW! and don't tell anyone that you're coming here." I spoke to him over the phone.

"Alright, be there in 5." he said and hung up.

As he was walking out of the room, Jacob stopped him.

"Where are you off to?" Jacob asked.

"Just have to make an important call, I'll be right back." Raven stormed off.

"What is taking bellissima so long?" Xalio thought to himself. " Is she not able to find the watch or what?"

"What's wrong peanut? Why'd you call so urgently?" Raven stepped in my room and closed the door.

"Look at this." I showed him the bug I had destroyed already." I found this stuck under Xalio's desk."

"Oh god, it means.." Raven gasped.

"Yes...someone has been spying on us for god knows how long." I said in utter worry.

"Why'd you go to his office in the first place?" He asked.

"I forgot my wristwatch there."

"Should I tell him now or later?" I asked.

"We'll think about that after your party is over. We shouldn't tell them now. Let's go downstairs first before someone comes looking for us." Raven suggested.

I nodded in agreement and we went downstairs to the party.

"What took you so long bellissima?"

"Oh I wasn't able to find it anywhere. It took ages." I quickly replied.

*phone rings*

"Oh excuse me." Xalio said as he answered the call. "What?... Okay, I'll be right there."

"What's wrong Xal?" I asked.

"Zayn got shot, he's fine but in the hospital right now." He rubbed his temples, worried.

"What the hell?! Why was Zayn out?" I asked.

"Shipments. He, Marco and Elijah went together." Xalio explained.

Everyone gasped.

"Thank god he's alright! I'll go to the hospital with you." I sighed.

"You don't have to Maya." he protested.

"I'm going along with you. End of discussion." I firmly stood my ground.

"You're so fucking stubborn." he shook his head "Let's go."

"We'll go once you two are back. Gotta clean up these things first." Karla suggested.

"Sounds good." Xalio nodded.

Xalio and I got into the car and left for the hospital. After half an hour, we reached the hospital. We went in to the room where Zayn was operated.

"Z, thank god you're okay!" I sighed in relief.

" Yes, I'm alright Maya." he chuckled. "I'm alright boss." he looked over to Xalio

He shook Xalio's hand, giving him a reassuring smile.

"Did you happen to see who attacked you?" Xalio asked.

"I couldn't see their face but I'm pretty sure it was one of Dagger's men, one of them had the signature tattoo." Zayn groaned.

"Dagger? Wasn't your deal with The Martinez Brothers?" Xalio asked.

"Yes, those bastards snuck up on me." Zayn said as he straightened his spine.