Chapter 20: We meet again

I stared at him, dead in the eye.

He examined me head to toe.

"Wow you've... changed"

"Yeah, the trauma of getting to know that your boyfriend killed your parents and then seeing him die in front of you tends to have that effect on people" I hissed.

"How are you alive Jack?"

"That night, when you and your team barged in and killed everyone, Ian was hiding and you guys missed him. He picked me up and took me to the medic." Giacomo explained.

"Hijo de puta!(son of a bitch)" I exclaimed. "Why wait 3 years for me to find you?"

"You tend to not hurt those people who you love so yeah" he scoffed.

"Love? What love Jack? You killed my parents and would've killed me if I hadn't escape. You call that love?!" I yelled.

Xalio's pov:

My blood was boiling. I wanted to bash his head through a wall and punch him till he stopped breathing.

Love is something I'm not very good at but I know this much that when you love someone you tend to do anything for them, not to them.

[Back to Maya]

"I told Ian that you were dead! I told him I killed you a few days after I recovered because he was looking for you and he wouldn't stop until he found you!" Giacomo cried.

"What the fuck?! What about the proof?"

Confused. I was so fucking confused. Ian thought I was dead? Jack was protecting me?

"I had someone from my team burn a random body so no one could identify it. I had a fucking fake post mortem report made dammit!" Giacomo went on.

"Okay 1. that's so dumb and messed up and 2. That idiot really believed that?"

"I loved you, I did but I had no choice but to kill them Maya. I'm so sorry."

I grabbed his throat, my nails almost jammed into his cheeks.

"You're sorry?! Will your sorry bring back my parents? Will your sorry fill the hole inside me that YOU created?" my grip became stronger.

"I fell for your lies Jack. I was so fucking blinded by these feelings that I never realized it."

My eyes teared up and my voice started breaking.

"Do you know how hard it is to see your parents take their last breaths in your arms? Do you know how hard it is to find out that the man you thought loved you, killed them? Do you know how hard it is to see that same guy die in front of you and think that for 3 years he's been dead?!" My hand let go of his throat.

"I- I-" he choked on his words. Probably finding pointers on how to calm mad woman in his brain.

Xalio's pov:

Pain. I felt pain in her voice. She was trying so hard not to break down. My bellissima is hurt because of this piece of shit. Everyone was quiet. They had their guns up just in case. Maya was the only one speaking.

"Maya, we can start over. We can be happy and together again." he suggested.

"Are you out of your damn mind?!" she shrieked.

Was he serious right now? Fresh start? He ain't even gonna make it out of this basement alive.

[Back to Maya]

"Are you dumb? You want to get together after what you did? Drop the act and tell her where Ian is!" Riley barked.

"And who the fuck are you?" Giacomo turned his head.