Chapter 10: Almost Compromised

"Answer me, will ya?" Xalio asked in a scrupulous tone.

"I'll call y'all in a bit, te amo" I said to Alucard and Raven and hung up.

"They're my best friends and colleagues. I was just telling them about the deal." I replied. "They already know everything from Mark anyways."

It wasn't a lie, I mean I was talking about the deal and everything.

"Then why was my team mentioned, were you leaking information?!" Xalio barked.

" Oh my god no, I was just telling them that I was introduced to them that's it. I promised you I wouldn't backstab and Maya Lio- umm Hart keeps her promise."

"Why do you keep saying Lio- ?" I heard you say that on the phone too." Xalio questioned.

Oh for fuck's sake! He just had to hear that.

"Umm my- my middle name's Lionel." I quickly replied.

That's the best I could come up with? How the fuck am I supposed to fix this now.

"Maya Lionel Hart? Alright" He said. "Beautiful name for a beautiful woman." Xalio thought to himself.

"What about the threatening part? You said, "How dare she threaten me?" Xalio asked.

I'll just tell him the truth about this one. I lied too much anyways.

"Lidia. She pulled me into this room and threatened me to stay away from you." I scoffed.

"What the fuck? why would she do that?"

"Because apparently, you're hers." I rolled my eyes.

"The fuck?" A tinge of disgust flashed across his face. "Did she hurt you?" he clenched his jaw.

"That bitch can't fucking touch me even if she wanted to. I put her in her place but I have a feeling she'll repeat this. But you don't do anything, let me handle her. I'll tell you if things go out of hand."

"If you say so, but if she threatens you again you're telling me." he ordered.

"Yeah yeah, just please don't sleep with her again and give her the green light to pull this crap again."

"Yeah yeah."

Xalio rolled his eyes and left. Did he buy it? I'm not sure. I know he's going to do checks on this but again Mark already has everything covered and I think he trusts me enough. I have an idea.

"Al we have a problem." I spoke over the phone.

"What the fuck did you do now?" Alucard groaned.

 "Xalio may or may not have heard me almost call myself Maya Lion and I may or may not have told Xalio that my middle name is Lionel." I replied.

"What the fuck? but your file says Penelope!" Alucard barked.

 "Well he agreed so he probably hasn't seen that yet" I said. 

"Can you please tell Jacob to hack into their system and change it? I'll take care of the hard copy." I requested.

"Sure, ugh the things we do for you" Alucard joked. 

"Thank you! you're the best!" I squealed.

"I'll let ya know once it's done. Don't screw up again Maya." Al said. 

" Ehh I'll try, I know you'll fix it anyway. Te amo" I laughed.

 "Yo también te amo." Alucard chuckled.

Phew, that was close. I can't believe I messed up so bad. I have to be careful or my cover could be blown. IT ALMOST DID AND THE MISSION HASN'T EVEN GONE HALFWAY! How can I be so stupid? I have to make sure I gain their trust or I'm in big trouble.