Arc 1: Chapter 2: Mr Zhongli

Drip.

Drop.

Childe was awake and he could hear water dropping into a larger water body next to him. He found the sound oddly relaxing for some reasons. Reminds him of meditation and zen. He was warm and comfortable and he didn't feel like getting up.

Then he felt something cold touch his forehead and he freaked out. Childe tried to sit up but he winced in pain when he moved his torso just a little bit. Looking up, he noticed an oh so familiar pair of amber eyes looking down at him. Neither of them said a thing for a moment, then Zhongli proceeded to pull the blanket over the harbinger and placed the cloth on his forehead.

"Mr Zhongli?" Childe asked, "what are you doing? Where am I?"

"Taking care of you." The ex Archon replied simply.

"My things!" Childe tried to get up, but Zhongli held him firmly by his shoulders and pressed him down onto the bed. "Let go of me!"

"Don't worry. I've brought the items to Northland Bank and explained that you're out of town." Zhongli continued, "just rest and let your body mend itself."

"B-But I can't just-" Childe sputtered. He couldn't just drop everything. He had work to do, missions to complete, duties to fulfill. Leaving for just a day would cause the work to pile up and possibly even increase more than usual.

"You can and you will." Zhongli said firmly. "You're in need of rest."

"Well I've rested more than enough. Thank you for picking me up but I really need to go now."

"No."

"What do you mean no? I'm fine." Childe snapped. Who did this man think he was? Just because he was an ex god does not mean he could just stop him from doing what he wanted. Childe wasn't going to get bullied by him again, not after he got played like a toy last time.

"You are not fine. You've sprained your left ankle and your wound isn't healing properly. You are sick and if I hadn't found you earlier..." Zhongli trailed off. He shook his head, leaving the sentence hanging. "Anyway, I'll let you go only if you promise not to try to run away."

"But you see, I can't just fucking disappear for absolutely no reason. I'm not trying to get fired."

"I've already explained your disappearance. Personal business with the Tsaritsa for a week or two. No one dared to question it." Zhongli explained, "well then?"

Childe blinked a couple of times, he couldn't believe that Zhongli lied like that. Worst part was that he made it sound like he was having some sort of affair with the Tsaritsa. Honestly, he could already imagine people spreading some stupid gossip around even though there is no evidence. "Well, you still can't just lock me in here." Childe hissed. Although his upper body was held down, his lower body was not. He tried to somehow slip off the bed by wiggling.

"Stop." Zhongli used one of his legs to stop Childe's leg from slipping off the edge of the bed. He climbed over Childe's leg and sat on his thighs, squeezing his own thighs together to keep them stuck together. "I can do this all day."

"W-Wha-" Perhaps Zhongli hadn't realized that the position they were in was quite... Intimate. He was surprised that the Geo Archon would do something like this, especially to another male. He could feel Zhongli's ass on his thighs and the fact that he was bending over him was causing the harbinger to feel very very odd. He did not know what to do or how to respond at all. He felt extremely vulnerable and it was not a good feeling. Childe was very flustered and could only hope he wasn't turning red.

"Make a promise. Agree to a contract with me. Don't leave until it's the right time." Zhongli said. Even what he said sounded very odd to Childe. Too many very inappropriate and odd thoughts were in his mind.

"Yes, yes whatever. Just get off me." He said quickly.

"I hope you don't break it." Zhongli replied quietly before climbing off Childe.

The harbinger snorted, "I'm not dumb enough to break promises with the literal god of contract."

"Not anymore." Zhongli stared at Childe, making him think that he was supposed to understand the sub-meaning of what the brunette just said. Perhaps he was sad? Maybe he was regretting his decision? Whatever, he didn't understand and he couldn't see any other meaning in those two words.

"Yeah yeah, whatever. You can still do crazy shit. Can I at least go to the bathroom and then get some food."

Zhongli nodded and made a move to help Childe, but the ginger head shook his head. His ego was too big to accept help from someone who had played him and already helped him. The ex god just raised an eyebrow and let him do his thing. "Bathroom's first on the left. I'll bring some clothes for you. Don't get your wound wet, just use a cloth to wipe your body."

Childe nodded and started making his way. His body was horribly stiff and his sprained ankle must have been really serious because he could barely put any weight on that leg. Bit by bit, he limped his way to the door. Zhongli was already at the door and had slid it open.

Naturally, Childe had to trip over the bit of the door that protruded out from the ground. Why couldn't Liyue just use a normal door? It just had to happen. He closed his eyes and braced for the impact, but it never came. Instead, he just felt an arm around his waist, pulling him back up. Childe found himself being held by Zhongli, like those cliche scenes from romance books. He had never imagined himself in such a situation, especially not as the one that was just 'rescued'.

"Would it be easier if I carried you?" Zhongli asked, looking down at Childe. The harbinger sputtered, his words incoherent. He had gay panicked enough for the day. He didn't need any more. "Alright, I'll take that as a yes." Zhongli said simply. He picked Childe up gently, careful not to be too quick so he wouldn't hurt him. Childe brought his hands up to hide his red face.

"Don't worry about it. Needing help doesn't mean you're weak." Zhongli said quietly. Childe didn't dare respond out of fear that he would not sound like himself.

He splashed his face with water the moment he arrived in the bathroom. What the fuck was that?

A/N, Realized the first chapter didn't have Zhongli so here's chapter 2 too. Probably won't be doing back to back anymore.