Bonus Chapter: HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHILDE <3

[Set after Arc 2, before Arc 4]

"Zhongli! Let's go out together today!" Tartaglia burst through the door to see his boyfriend still currently changing his clothes. For the first time, he woke up earlier than Zhongli.

"Oh, good morning Ajax."

Tartaglia smirked at the sight, walking over to Zhongli and hugging him from behind. He grabbed his hands to stop him from putting on any other clothing. "Or you could stay in bed with me?" Childe whispered, gently kissing the side of his neck.

Zhongli turned to gently kiss his boyfriend on his cheek. "You know I have work today."

"Can't you take a leave today? I already did."

"You know I can't do that on a short notice. There aren't that many workers at the funeral parlor."

Tartaglia pouted and whined, gently shaking Zhongli. He wanted him to give in and stay with him for the rest of the day. It was his special day. "Please?"

"I'd love to, but I can't." Zhongli pulled away and returned to putting on the usual clothing he wore.

Childe sighed, knowing he probably wouldn't be able to change Zhongli's mind no matter how hard he tried. Perhaps he should have asked Zhongli earlier, Childe figured that he probably had things to do. Then he noticed a band aid on his hand so he took his hand. Tartaglia noticed they were calloused and slightly rougher than usual. "What happened?"

Zhongli just shook his head, "it's nothing."

"Really?"

Zhongli nodded, "I was just careless."

Childe didn't quite buy the idea but since Zhongli seemed to not want to talk about it, he decided he would drop it. Besides, it wasn't uncommon to be careless. He grabbed a comb and helped Zhongli with his silky smooth hair. Zhongli didn't mind it at all, in fact, he took the hair band he usually used and passed it to Tartaglia. He really liked the affection from Childe, even if he might not show it much.

"What if I went to work with you? I already took the day off so I don't have anything to do." Childe suggested. He truly just wanted to spend time with Zhongli, no matter where it was.

"Are you sure you want to? The things I do at work aren't as interesting as you'd like them to be."

"I don't mind, you're interesting yourself. I don't need anything else." Childe said smiling.

Zhongli smiled back, gently pressing a kiss into his lips once he was done changing his clothes. "Then you'll need to change your clothes. Pick anything you want from the wardrobe, I'll be downstairs making breakfast. What do you want?"

"I'll eat anything you eat."

"Okay." He slipped out of the room and closed the door behind him. Tartaglia couldn't help but feel excited.

-

Everything in Zhongli's wardrobe looked about the same, just in different shades of brown, black, yellow and gold. Tartaglia picked something darker since he figured that he was going to a funeral parlor. He also noticed that Zhongli wore darker clothes that day so he decided to follow suit.

"Before we go, let's set some rules first." Zhongli started.

"Rules?"

"Yes. Funeral rites are important events. It is a period of mourning and is believed to help a soul in their ascent to heaven."

"Mm, yeah, what rules do I have to follow?"

"First rule, no public affection."

"What?!" Tartaglia stared at Zhongli, seemingly a little shocked. The whole point of following him was so he could spend time with him, showering him with all his love and affection.