Pre-Arc 4 context

Okay guys, initially this was going to be the 4th arc but the problem was that I couldn't write this out nicely for the love of god so I decided to just drop it as some context and move onto the next bit.

So basically, before arc 4, Zhongli brought Childe back to life (similar to qiqi) but the problem was that his soul was tainted because he did evil deeds and the soul of Durin that had transferred into him was also acting rather erratically. So Tartaglia was basically in pain every single moment he spent on earth. Just think Xiao's case but 24/7, add in the fact that he would keep remembering and forgetting bits and pieces of his memories plus lots of mental breakdowns and probably insomnia.

Zhongli figured out that the soul of Durin was trying to take over Childe or something of the sort so he gave him a 'mark' (more in this later in the story). Durin couldn't take over Childe but it could still torment him. Eventually, it tricked Tartaglia into giving up the mark and Durin took over him. He then proceeded to try to destroy Liyue to obtain the life force of its citizens to become more powerful but Zhongli managed to stop him and seal him away.

Durin then chose to torment Childe again to get Zhongli to let him out which he eventually did but they would have to fight. If Durin loses, he will have to leave Tartaglia's body. But the outcome was different because Zhongli at the very end sort of sacrificed himself, using his blood to cleanse away Durin. But because it took so much of his power, Zhongli had to disappear for a little bit and return to the underground to absorb enough power to sort of 'revive' again. So Tartaglia just waited in Liyue and things happen when Zhongli finally returns.

First chapter of Arc 4 will be published tomorrow so get ready and keep the context in mind :3