Deleted scene: In between Chapter 25: Happily Ever After

"And here I was wondering why Tartaglia still showed up." Irina said, dragging Zhongli into her room. She made sure no one was around before they both slipped in and locked the doors behind them.

"You're going to crash the wedding..." Her eye caught the wedding dress that was hung up nicely by her wardrobe. Her lips curved in a mischievous grin. "By pretending to be me."

"What?" Zhongli asked, frowning slightly. His head was still pounding from drinking so much so he wasn't sure if he heard it right.

Irina walked over and compared their heights, muttering, "you'll look a bit taller but it should be fine."

She took the dress and held it out for Zhongli.

"I don't see why just me crashing the wedding in my normal outfit wouldn't do the trick." Zhongli said, still frowning. It didn't make sense.

"For the drama, you know. Everyone thinks that a wedding was going to go well and the bride walks in and all goes well. Then the groom unveils the bride and finds out that it wasn't her. Come on." Irina egged him on, thrusting the dress into his hands and preparing the hair pins and all to make sure Zhongli's brown hair was hidden away and the veil wouldn't fly off half way.

"I really don't need drama. I don't see why you need it either."

"Alright. Maybe it's because I don't want to wear that thing and I don't know how to wear it." Irina finally admitted. "Besides, it'll just be a simulation of when you two actually get married."

Zhongli still didn't buy it and Irina sighed.

"Come on. As a favor. Besides, I would rather speak to my parents in private and all than to get humiliated." Irina pleaded.

Zhongli gave in after a little bit of thinking. He had made Childe wear female clothes after all.

He entered the bathroom and swiftly came out. He didn't look particularly awkward in the outfit. In fact, he lowkey looked like he was supposed to be the bride. The way the dress fitted him and the way he walked with it was just really elegant and pretty.

But Irina squinted, noticing some things on his neck. "Hey what is that?" She asked, walking over. As she drew closer, she could recognize them and backed off. "Oh." She wasn't sure how to feel about that. It looked quite recent too which meant—

"Anyway, we have to cover that up with makeup. Come here and sit down. We don't want to be late for the wedding."

A/N now you know why our dear Zhongli showed up in the dress.

Also, I figured I'll compile some stuff that I had in the process of this writing, hope you guys find it interesting :)

- Irina was supposed to be short but I made her taller for this particular scene lol.
- I needed some sort of reason for Irina to change her mind and help Zhongli and Childe so that's how the whole journey for the Golden Flower came about.
- I didn't intend to do it but I realised that I planted an accidental easter egg with Irina looking very much like Irina Jelavic from Assassination classroom.
- Arc2: Chapter 19: Snakessssss was actually inspired by a chinese bl novel by MXTX called Heaven Official's Bless (aka 天官赐福, Tian Guan Ci Fi, TGCF) I don't know how many of you guys got it lol. It's not the same but has similarities.
- Teucer's death was inspired by an art that I found online.
- I had plans to make Tartaglia the reincarnated Guizhong but ended up scrapping it because it didn't make sense and I wasn't sure how I'd resolve it lol.
- I was going to have a scene where Zhongli goes to mondstat to talk to Venti but also scrapped it because it was short and didn't have much of a significance. Also adds onto the mystery when Zhongli suddenly stopped sending any letters to Childe in Arc1: Chapter 11: Misery