Sugar

WARNING:

(1) This chapter changes points of view half way to Colton and then back to Alice, watch out!

 and

(2) I didn't edit this ... so it is TOTALLY unedited

***

"I'm hurting, baby, I'm broken down
I need your loving, loving
I need it now
When I'm without you
I'm something weak
You got me begging, begging
I'm on my knees..."

- Maroon 5 "Sugar"

***

“I don’t even want to know how you knew my size,” I stated as I walked out of Chey’s bathroom.

She made it clear that I was to get ready at her house once I told her I just planned to get ready in the office bathroom because it would be easier and more convenient, seeing as the restaurant was only a few blocks from the office. Chey wouldn’t hear it, though, and demanded that I follow her in my car to her house. Little did she know the real reason I didn’t want to go back ‘home’ to Garrett’s house is because I wanted to stay away from there for a while as I collect my thoughts about last night’s encounter. Gosh knows I didn’t want to have another run with the man from last night, especially if Garrett wasn’t going to be there. Not that I couldn’t take that man, don’t get me wrong because if push comes to shove I will go Mortal Kombat X on his ass, however I just felt a certain comfort having someone else there.

“I have my ways,” Chey said and then eyed me up and down with a wide smile. “I also have excellent taste if I do say so myself.”

 I rolled my eyes as I strolled back in the bathroom and look at myself in her full length mirror.

Chey had taken it upon herself to curly my honey blonde hair. She then proceeded to apply a light shade of pink eye shadow, black mascara and some eyeliner. However, what drew attention to my face was the dangling, silver stand, earrings that she let me borrow. 

As for the dress, Chey really did go all out. It was white lace sheath dress that reached the top of my knees. She’d paired the dress with silver strappy caged high heels.

 "What do you think?” Chey question a she peered over my shoulder and glanced at me in the mirror.

I smiled and turned around, “As cliché as it might sound, I don’t recognize myself ... However, why are you trying so hard? This is a fake date, for gosh knows what reason. There is no need for the make-up, dress, shoes, and,” I reached over at the sink and picked up the light grey clutch purse she handed me earlier, “purse.”

Chey gave me a wide grin, “Chill, Girlie. This might be a fake date but that doesn’t mean Rafe isn’t a great guy ... Who knows you, might end up liking him.”

“He is pretending to be Chad the whole night. To like someone I have to know them, not the fake persona they give me.” I exhaled loudly, “I think this is making it more than it is...”

“Well, I do hope that this night doesn’t go the way you planned.”

 “What would change?”

Chey looked at me with the same look she gave me earlier today, hinting that something was going on that I didn’t know about. “Nothing ... I just have a suspicion.” 

“About?”

“Well, jealousy does things to people...”

“Jealousy?” I inquired as I raised an eyebrow. She was making no sense at all.