Beggin For Thread

Unedited

*** 

"My words can come out as a pistol

I'm no good at aiming

But I can aim it at you
I know my actions, they may get confusing
But my unstable ways is my solution
To even space
That's why you wanna come out and play with me, yeah"

- Banks "Begging For Thread"

***

Is it sad that I expected my room in the condo to be renovated? I mean, as Colton guided me to my bedroom, I imagined one of those moments when a child comes home from college and as they open the door to their room, they find that their parents gutted everything and made it their personal gym. Well, that is what I expected, however, once we were at the door, and Colton opened it, I found that that was not the case at all. In fact, everything was just the way I last remembered it.

My head turned to face Colton. “I’m surprised you didn’t change the room in the midst of your anger with me.”

Colton looked over at me with his dark brown eyes, “Goodnight, Ms. Snow.”

I raised an eyebrow, “Its only twelve o’clock,” I stated as I glanced at the digital clock by the bed. “I’m not tired,” I spoke as I looked at Colton.

He sighed, “I have work in the morning, and you have an online class to take.”

I gasped, “No, I am not doing that shit.”

Colton looked at me like I was a noodle shy of an Italian dinner. “Excuse me? You are doing your online classes. You are expected to get your GED by December.”

I snorted, “I don’t like school.”

“I could give two pancakes to Sunday what you like. The point is, you are taking the classes. Now, can we please not argue about this? I find that every time we talk we argue, and it is causing me headaches.”

Narrowing my eyes at him, I spoke, “Well, you have two opinions to stop us from arguing and stop you from getting headaches. You can either lock me up in the basement and treat me like you do all your prisoners - by which I think entails very, very few visits from you. In that case we will almost never fight for I will never see you. Or, you can just take out the stick that’s crammed up your ass. You pick.”

“I don’t like the way you are talking to me.”

“I don’t like the way you are treating me,” I respond with slight venom leaking in my voice, compared to the frustration that was drenching his tone. 

Colton pinched the bridge of his nose, “Goodnight.” With that being said, he turned around and walked away from me. 

“Classes,” I muttered as I walked into the room and closed the door. “As if.”

Don’t get me wrong, I know education is important and until I was kidnapped by Colton, I planned to get my GED. However, what is the purpose now? I will forever be his assistant and prisoner. It is not like I can get a job or go to college now for I will always be where I am now. 

Laying on the bed, I turned so I was on my back. My eyes stared aimlessly at the smooth white ceilings. 

Part of me at that moment started to wonder what I would do for a time machine or some device that would take me back and allow me to undo all the shit I’ve done. I am not sure where I would go back to, or what I would do differently. I knew I would try to prevent the situation I am in now. Guess I would stop myself from going to my first party. Maybe rethink the first sip of liquor I tasted or slapped myself silly for allowing the people around me to coax me into popping pills and smoking.