The Monster

Unedited:

***

“I'm friends with the monster that's under my bed

Get along with the voices inside of my head

You're trying to save me, stop holding your breath

And you think I'm crazy, yeah, you think I'm crazy...”

- Eminem “The Monster” ft. Rihanna

<><><><><><><>

“Finally,” I hissed as the blindfold that was over my eyes was lifted. Looking around, I saw that I was in a dingy looking room with walls made of exposed cement blocks. The room I was standing in smelled of harsh cleaning chemicals, which made me crinkle my nose in disgust. Spinning around, I faced Rachel, “Where am I?” I asked as I looked away from her and glanced around the room once more.

There were no windows, meaning escaping was going to be super hard. The only thing to sit on, in the small room, was on the bare mattress that was in the corner of the room on the concrete ground. There was nothing else in the room, not even a nightstand or lamp. In fact, the only source of light was a fluorescent ceiling light that, from the looks of it — meaning there was not a switch in sight - I couldn’t control the light.

“In one of the rooms Mr. Sharp has in his basement for people like you. Don’t get to comfortable, Doll, you'll probably be dead by tomorrow morning.”

I rolled my eyes right before she turned round. I watched as she walked over to the only door in the room. “Hey wait, I never got to say — thank you.”

Rachel looked over her shoulder with a raised eyebrow, “Thank you?”

“Yeah, for not drugging me. I want to thank you for giving me the opinion to come here peacefully or to take the drug. While, this is not where want to be, trust me, I would have flipped my pancakes if I found myself waking up on that mattress in this unknown room.”

“I know what you are doing,” Rachel said as she faced me. “I could see the wheels spinning in that head of yours the second you realized I had you. You decided to come willingly and here you are thanking me ... Please, Allison, don’t mistake me for an ally because you made my job easier.”

I felt plan crumble as her words filled the air. Crossing my arms over my chest, I gave a dry chuckle, “Wise little bitch,” I spoke.

She smiled, “At least I am wise, unlike you. Stealing from a drug lord? You had to know this was coming.”

I gave a small frown at what she said.  

“Why did you do it?” Rachel inquired.

That single question made a series of memories flood back into my mind, all of which I suppressed down, quickly. “I don’t have to explain shit to you.” I proclaimed as I tried my best to keep my mind from wandering down a path of memories of events that took place the week that I stole from Duke. Events that no one knows I went through ... not my parents, not even Colton.

“Fine don’t tell me, but I assure you, Mr. Sharp will probably torture the answer, as to why you stole from him, out of you.” Rachel smiled wickedly, “I will request to assist.”

I growled, “You little-”

“Oh good, you both are here,” A voice said from the doorway.

Looking over I saw a middle aged man. With blue eyes that were flickering between Rachel and I, he spoke: “Is there a problem in here?”

“No. There is no problem here,” Rachel stated as she looked away from me and settled sights on the man in the doorway. “What do you want, Tony?” She asked in an impatient voice.