Love The Way You Lie

UNEDITED:

***

"Just gonna stand there and watch me burn
But that's alright because I like the way it hurts
Just gonna stand there and hear me cry
But that's alright because I love the way you lie
I love the way you lie
I love the way you lie"

- Eminem "Love The Way You Lie" Ft. Rihanna

<><><><><><><>

“I’ve never seen a prisoner smile like you are, right now,” Tony stated with a small grin etched out on his face. Clearly amused by how I was smiling from ear to ear.

I chuckled at his statement, “I’m just excited!”

“Excited?” He questioned with a raised eyebrow in curiosity at what I had to be excited about.

I nodded, “Yeah, I get to get out of here! I’m gonna get some fresh air —  and while I will be with Col-” I paused before correcting myself, “Mr. Sharp and forced to dealing with him ... I’m just glad to be getting out of that basement room.”

The corner of Tony’s lips twitched down into a frown, “I’m sorry you’re down here,” He muttered so softly, I almost didn't hear. “I think,” He quickly stated, “After dealing with Mr. Sharp for a day, you will quit this arrangement.”

“I’ve dealt with Mr. Sharp before. I can handle him.”

“You’ve dealt with Mr. Sharp before?” Tony asked as we rounded a corner. 

I realized how Tony was asking me a question that, my answer, would jeopardize Colton’s identity. At first, I have to admit I wanted to blab about the truth of who Mr. Sharp really was — to get revenge on Colton. But, something was stopping me. Maybe, it was the fact that I knew Colton, who was Mr. Sharp, had enemies ... and if they knew who he really was ... I fear for what they would do to his family — to his parents. If I allowed his identity to get in the wrong hands, and his family got hurt, I’d never be able to live with myself.

“Mmm, yeah. But, enough about me. How long have you been working for Mr. Sharp?” I asked in attempt to change the subject at hand. 

“I started to work for Mr. Sharp about four weeks after his cousin died and Mr. Sharp took over.”

I nodded once, “What made you decided to join his gang?” 

Tony, who had stopped in front of a door, looked down at me. With a single shrug of his shoulders, he responded with ease, “Revenge.”

“Revenge?” 

“Yes, revenge.”

I raised an eyebrow. “At who?” 

Tony was silent, as he placed his hands in his front pocket. Even in doing so, he stared at me with eyes that were glossed over, deep in thought. Tony blinked once, clearing the glossy look in his eyes, before giving me a small smile. “Ever watch the show Hannibal?”

“Never heard of it...” I replied, wondering where he was getting at. 

“In the show, there is a killer — spoiler alert, it’s Hannibal. However, no one, at first, is convinced that Hannibal is a killer. In fact, they think it’s a man named Will Graham ... Will Graham knows it’s Hannibal that is doing the killings. Will has friends at the FBI and with persuasion he gets permission to ‘prove his innocence’. In order to do that, Will fakes that he kills someone, to try and get Hannibal’s trust and friendship.”

“Are you saying this Graham guy killed someone to befriend Hannibal, the real killer?”

Tony nodded, “More or less, yes. Point is Will didn’t really kill the person. He just made Hannibal believe that. With that person dead, and the scene looking as if Will did it, Will was able to gain a part of Hannibal’s trust. Hannibal let Will in, even more.”