Semi-Automatic

Unedited:

***

 "Night falls, with gravity.

The earth turns, from sanity

Taking my only friend I know,

He leaves a lot, his name is "Hope"."

- Twenty-One Pilots "Semi-Automatic"

<><><><><><>

“No way! You didn’t!” Tony said as he started to laugh as he found what I said humorous.

I gave a smile, “I’m dead serious,” I confirmed. “I don't like bullies and when I saw that boy, Jude Keagan, pushing a kid in a locker - I marched up to Jude and sucker punched him. That was before I got the kid out of the locker and shoved Jude into it.”

“Wow, I’ve never heard of someone standing up to a bully like that,” Tony commented.

I shrugged my shoulders, “I was going through a hard time and I couldn’t stand someone else going a hard time.”

Tony, who had came in here a little while go to bring me food and stayed because Colton ordered him to watch me and make sure I eat every bite, smiled. “I would have done the same ... Hey, if you don’t mind me asking ... why are you here?” He asked.

I furrowed my eyebrow, “You don’t know?”

Shaking his head, Tony spoke up, “No. I don’t dare ask Mr. Sharp and, well, I know Rachel knows but she a complete ass and won’t tell me.”

I chuckled for that was something we could agree on. “I’ll tell you, if you tell me something.”

“What?”

I sighed, “How long have I been here?” I asked for it felt like a few days, but I wasn’t sure. There was no clock in here, just a mattress that was giving me horrible back pains.

“Four days,” Tony informed me.

I gave a small frown for I realized how long it has been. I started to wonder what Colton had told my parents because without a doubt he had spoken to them and gave them some bullshit of a lie. Releasing a loud exhale, I wondered if Colton was ever going to ‘call upon me’ as he put it the other day.

Resting my head on the brick wall behind me, I wanted to see Colton's face — to talk to him. But just thinking this was all his making, made me shake that idea out of my mind as I felt hatred boiled up in my veins.

“...I stole from Duke, who is one of Col-” I stopped mid-sentence and corrected myself, “One of Mr. Sharp’s men.”

“... He didn’t kill you, that is odd,” Tony exclaimed in a low tone.

Giving a small smile, I nodded, “Very odd, almost like he has a heart,” I muttered.

“What was that?”

I shook my head, “Nothing.” Moving my empty tray off my lap, I handed it to Tony. “Here, I’ve finished it all. You can tell Col - Mr. Sharp how good I was,” I sarcastically remarked.

Tony grabbed the tray from me. “Do you need to go to the restroom?”

I shook my head for Rachel had came in about two hours ago and escorted me to the restroom. “No, I’m good.” I frowned deeper as his simple question reminded me just how much of a prisoner I was. Wait, I take that back because a prisoner has more right than me at the moment — they at least have a freaking bathroom. They don’t have to knock on the door and ask someone to escort them to the bathroom.