The mines of Moria

*Sarah Pov*

We walked what seemed like ages, through the rock and snow, as I pulled my cloak around me to keep me warmer. I could feel my body shiver, as Boromir walked past me.

“Here” He offered as I just stared at his fur coat.

“You’ll freeze so no thanks” I spoke as I kept on walking up the snow. We were probably half way up the mountain, when I saw Frodo, trip on some ice, as he started to roll down the hill.

“Frodo” I heard Aragorn speak, as he caught him. I walked over and made sure Frodo was ok, before he frantically looked at his shirt. The ring was gone, as I went wide eyed. I looked up and saw the ring gleaming in the snow, almost screaming out. HERE I AM! COME AND FIND ME! Boromir went to pick it up by the silver chain, as he just stands there watching the ring, that dangled before his eyes. He seemed to grow in stature, as if absorbing its power. Boromir stood motionless as he stares at the ring, as if transfixed.

“Boromir?” I spoke, but he couldn’t hear me, the ring was enchanting him.

“It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing...such a little thing.” He spoke transfixed, as his finger closed towards the ring. My hand flung to the handle of my sword, he was going to put the ring on. He was weak and easily tempted by the rings power.

“Boromir!” Aragorn shouted loudly, as he almost to have woken up, frowned and looked at Aragorn. “Give Frodo the ring” He spoke once again sternly, with his hand on the hilt of his sword. Boromir slowly made his way down the snow slope towards us, holding out the ring on the chain. He hesitated, before Frodo was able to snatch it from his grasp and place it round his neck, safe once more. I could feel the ring, talking to me, as I knew how much the ring wanted to get into my hands.

“As you wish. I care not.” Boromir spoke lightly, before he ruffled Frodo’s hair, and climbed back up the snow to where everyone was watching. Slowly and cautiously Aragorn and I unhand our swords, as we walk with Frodo. I kept my eye on Boromir, as he liked to eye me. Disgusting pervert! Legolas, walked over to me with a smile, as I gave a weak one back.

“You look cold. Would you like my cloak?” He offered as I shook my head.

“Thanks but no thanks Legolas. I wouldn’t want you to die of cold” I chuckled as he nudged my shoulder, and kept on going up the hill of snow. The further and deeper up the mountain we travelled, the harder and more vicious the blizzard became. Legolas and I, being elves were moving lightly across the top of the snow, as the other struggled, half buried in snow. I paused, and edged closer towards the edge of the mountain, as I could hear something.

“There is a fell voice in the air!” Legolas shouted over the falling blizzard.

“It’s Saruman!” I shouted, I really hated that guy. Thunder rumbled above, as rocks and shale began to fall down from the mountain. Jumping back, I looked at where I once was. I would have been history.

 “He's trying to bring down the mountain. Gandalf! We must turn back!” Aragorn called out urgently, his face hidden in his hood, covered in snow. I saw Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin shivering cold. I could even fell my own lips going blue.

“NO!” Gandalf shouted. He struggled to get onto top of the snow, as he raised his staff towards the air.

“Sarah, I will need your help!” He called and he began to chant.

“No! Gandalf, you know I can’t!” I shouted in protest.

 “Losto Caradhras, sedho, hodo, nuitho I ruith. (Sleep Caradhras, be still, lie still, hold your wrath.)” Gandalf chanted to the mountain in elvish. I gulped, I couldn’t do what he asked of me. It would be too much, I am not strong enough, nor do I want to be strong enough.