I have lost her Twice. This time for good...

*No One Pov*

Hearin the sudden alarm, the villagers begin to cry out and panic.

“Get them out of here!” Sarah shouted, towards the King, before she drew her sword.

“All riders to the head of the column!” The King shouted. Gimli was trying to mount his horse.

“Come on, get me up here, I’m a rider! Argh!” He spoke as Gimli gets onto the horse with some help. Legolas gazes into the distance and sees many warg-riders coming fast towards them, kicking up dust trails as they go.

“You must lead the people to Helm’s Deep. And make haste!” Théoden told Éowyn, as she turned to him.

“I can fight!” She demanded.

“No! You must do this... for me.” He snapped protectively. He didn’t know what he would do if he lost Éowyn as well. He lost his son he wasn’t prepared to lose her as well. Éowyn holds Théoden’s gaze for a moment and then turn to attend to the villagers.

“Follow me! Yah!” Théoden shouted as the soldiers followed after their King.

“Forward. I mean, charge forward! March forward!” Gimli commanded as he tried to get his horse to go forward, when really he moves backwards. The horse finally moves off with Gimli seated rather unsteadily.

“That’s it! Go on!” Gimli shouted.

“Make for the lower ground! Stick together!” Éowyn shouted towards the Villagers. She looks back at the Rohirrim and sees Aragorn on Hasufel. They hold each other’s gaze for a moment before Aragorn turns to join Théoden. Éowyn departs with the villagers in the opposite direction. Legolas takes aim at the distant target and fells a warg rider. He draws another arrow and kills another. Just as he reaches for a third arrow, he sees Théoden and company approaching. He quickly runs and mounts Arod with a smooth leap and joins in the fray with Gimli behind him on horseback.

“Sarah do you think you can handle them?” Aragorn asked her over the noise, as she was shooting arrows at the one by one.

“Orcs yes! The Wolves? I don’t know” She shouted back as he nodded. The Rohirrim and warg riders crash head on and the battle begins. Théoden and company hack away at the warg riders. In the midst of fighting, Gimli falls off Arod. He turns to find a warg growling at him.

“Bring your pretty face to my axe!” he called at the warg. Just as the warg leaps at Gimli, Legolas kills it with one shot.

“Argh! That one counts as mine!” Gimli shouted outraged as he jumped back as he wouldn’t be squashed. As Gimli swings his axe at another warg, it dies and falls onto Gimli, pinning him under.

“Argh! Stinking creature. Argh!” Gimli complained. As he tries to lift the warg off him, an Orc leans over them both. Gimli kills him quickly, twisting his neck, and it lands on him also. Gimli sniffs at the Orc and makes a face. He tries to lift both the warg and Orc off him. Just then, another warg comes upon him and bares its teeth, ready to strike. Gimli’s eyes widened.

“GIMLI!” Sarah shouted as she plucks a spear as she passes on horseback and throws it at the warg. It dies, landing on Gimli and adding to the pile on top of him.

“Sorry!” She called out as he groaned from the extra weight being piled onto him.

Théoden stabs at a warg rider. Sarah is knocked off Shadow and attacked by Sharku. Sarah tries to kill the warg rider but Sharku blocks his attempt and grabs Sarah by the neck. She kicked him as he wripped off the crown on her head. While Sarah is half-dragged by the warg. She tries to to command him to kill himself when Aragorn jumps over. Struggling to release herself, from being stuck. She saw in the struggle, Sharku is thrown off and he rips the Evenstar pendant from Aragorn’s neck as he falls. Aragorn should have let go of the warg but finds that he helps Sarah whose wrist tangled with the saddle straps. He tries unsuccessfully to disentangle her and is dragged closer and closer to the edge of a cliff at great speed. The warg runs right off the cliff and they both disappear over the edge. The battle is winding down as the Rohirrim finish off the last few wargs and Orcs.

Legolas starts to search for them, as Shadow whined and pounded the edge of the cliff. To where Sarah had fallen to her death.

“Aragorn! SARAH!” He kept calling.

“Aragorn? Sarah?” Gimli started to call out as well. They come near to the cliff and hear Sharku wheezing and laughing Gimli stood over the dying Orc.

“Tell me what happened and I will ease your passing.” He proposed.

“He’s [cough] dead. [Laughs evilly] Took a little tumble off the cliff.” The Orc spoke as he looked towards the edge of the cliff. Legolas grabbed hols of the Orc and lifted him up. He couldn’t bare think he may have lost Sarah twice.

“You lie!” He snapped. The Orc chortles and dies. Legolas looks down at Sharku’s fist and finds the Evenstar pendant, as well as the crown that had been taken from Sarah’s head. The gift from Lady Galadriel. He takes it, runs to the edge of the cliff and looks down to see the great drop and rushing waters below, with no sign of Aragorn or Sarah. Gimli comes to stand beside him.

“Get the wounded on horses. The wolves of Isengard will return. Leave the dead.” King Théoden ordered to his men. Legolas turns to Théoden, an expression of perplexed anger on his face. The King placed a hand on Legolas’ shoulder.

“Come.” He spoke, as he leaves Legolas and Gimli to stare down at the river. Legolas’ heart was shattering he loved Sarah. He wanted to tell her. He was stupid not to have done it before. The Rohan villagers are drawing close to Helm’s Deep. Cries of relief are heard as the refuge is within sight.

“Helm’s Deep! At last! There it is!” They all called as the ran towards it.

“We’re safe, my lady! Thank you!” An old woman called to Éowyn. Éowyn embraces the woman and they walk on towards Helm’s Deep. The gate is opened for the villagers. Many have already taken refuge within and are resting along the passage. Éothain and Freda run towards their mother.

“Mama!” Freda called as she ran over.

“Éothain! Freda!” The mother called out. The three hug and cry with joy. Théoden and company returns from the battle with warg riders

“Make way for Théoden!” Gamling called as all the soldiers bowed as he went past.

“Sire!” A few called out.

“Make way for the king!” Gamling called out once more, as Éowyn rushes down to meet them/

“So few. So few of you have returned.” She spoke looking at the wounded men,

“Our people are safe. We have paid for it with many lives.” Théoden told her as Gimli walked over to Éowyn.

“My lady...” He choked.

“Lord Aragorn, Lady Sarah, where are they?” She asked him as he drew a shaky breath.

“They fell...” He managed. Éowyn is shaken and raises teary eyes to Théoden. The latter looks down and then walks away, confirming her unasked question….