Fellowship of the Ring

*Sarah Pov*

Legolas escorted me into the council, as I smiled, he walked over. I froze, before Lord Elrond stood up. As if he was so happy to see I hadn’t left yet. He gave me a weak, smile before gesturing towards the throne seat next to him. I hesitated, as he held his hand out for me. Taking it, I sat beside him, noticing everyone was watching me, the looks of the men said everything. They were all admiring how pretty I was. I saw Aragorn give me a smile and a wink, as I returned a soft smile. I saw Legolas, try not to stare as he turned his attention to Lord Elrond. Lord Elrond rose to his feet, glanced around the room before he spoke.

“Strangers from distant lands ... friends of old. You have been summoned here to answer the threat of Mordor. Middle-earth stands upon the brink of destruction. None can escape it. You will unite...or you will fall. Each race is bound to this fate...this one doom...” When he spoke of Mordor, I stiffened slightly, and I knew that Aragorn noticed.

“Bring forth the ring Frodo” Lord Elrond spoke, as Frodo got up from his seat, and walked forward towards a stone Plinth. He placed the ring on the Plinth and returned to his seat. I gulped as I saw the ring before me.

“So it is true!” One man spoke, I think his name was Boromir I wasn’t sure, but he was really shocked.

“Sauron’s Ring! The ring of power!” Legolas stated in disbelief as I couldn’t take my eyes off the ring. My breathing became uneven, as I noticed the ring ever so slowly and carefully moved on the Plinth towards me. Like a magnet.

“It is a gift...a gift to the foes of Mordor! Why not use this Ring? Long has my father, the Steward of Gondor, held the forces of Mordor at bay...by the blood of our people are your lands kept safe. Give Gondor the weapon of the enemy...let us use it against him!” Boromir spoke as he rose from his chair. Kept the forces of Mordor at bay? I scoffed at his swords. I rose in my seat.

“You cannot wield it. None of you can” I spoke, Boromir looked slightly annoyed, however I know that Lord Elrond noticed my loop whole in my words.

“The one ring answers to Sauron alone….it has no other master!” I heard Aragorn say, as I sat down uneasily. Lord Elrond gave me a small nod, as I just slumped in my chair, as I tried to calm my breathing. I saw Boromir give Aragorn a filthy look.

“And what would a ranger know of this matter?” He spat. Aragorn said nothing as Boromir was about to return to his seat, Legolas stood up in Aragorn’s defense.

“This is no mere Ranger. He is Aragorn, son of Arathorn. You owe him your allegiance.” He spoke as Boromir turned round sharply and looked at Aragorn in disbelief.

“Aragorn? This is Isildur’s heir?” He asked unsure.

“And heir to the throne of Gondor!” I spoke sharply from my seat, as Boromir looked uneasy, before he sent a snarl towards Aragorn and a filthy look.

“Havo dad, Legols (Sit down Legolas)” Aragorn spoke as he obeyed.

“Gondor has no King. Gondor needs no King!” Boromir spat as he returned to his seat, eyeing Aragorn evilly. I have a feeling that I need to watch Boromir. He is someone that I know the ring will easily tempt and win.

“Aragorn is right. We cannot use it” Gandalf spoke.

“You have only one choice. The ring must be destroyed” Lord Elrond spoke harshly, as I sat upright in my seat just holding my gaze on the ring of power. How I hate that thing. I really do! suddenly I can hear the hum of the ring growing louder, as I held onto the arm rests of the seat tighter. I watched as Gimli the dwarf stood up and grabbed his axe. Oh no!

“Then….what are we waiting for?” He spoke as he ran forward, Lord Elrond and I jumped to our feet. Gimli suddenly rushes forward! He swings his axe down on the ring. The axe shatters with a deafening crack! Gimli falls backwards, staring in disbelief at the ring...unharmed! I gasp as a sudden jolt of pain rushed through my arm, I gave a small cry, as I held onto my arm in pain. I saw him, his eye was watching me. He was calling me home.

“Tiler (Shit)” I gasped and covered my mouth, as I glanced up at Lord Elrond. I just spoke in Black Speech of Mordor. Everyone was staring at me. Aragorn had gotten to his feet, and walked over, but before he could remove my sleeve, Lord Elrond spoke.

“Aragorn you mustn’t” Lord Elrond spoke softly, as Aragorn frowned then returned to his seat. I gave Lord Elrond a sorry look as he nodded before returning to the council. I glanced over at Gandalf as he gave me a look of worry. I sat, with my right hand in my lap, and my left hand clutching my forehead, as I listened. I took a small glance, and I could see Legolas and Aragorn looking extremely worried as I forced a weak smile.

“The ring cannot be destroyed, Gimli, son of Gloin, by any craft that we here possess. The ring was made in the fires of Mount Doom...only there can it be unmade. It must be taken deep into Mordor, and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence it came. One of you must do this.” Lord Elrond announced as he looked around the room, eyeing everyone as he went.

“One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its black gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep and the Great Eye is ever watchful.It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust...the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand men could you do this. It is folly.” Boromir spoke. Thank you Mr. Obvious. I saw Lord Elrond look over at me. I never every way around Mordo. They needed me in every way possible.

“Have you heard nothing Lord Elrond has said? The ring must be destroyed” Legolas spoke as he stood up.

“And I suppose you think you’re the one to do it?” Gimli spoke annoyed at Legolas, oh come on. Not the Elf and Dwarf fighting. Seriously.

“And if we fail, what then? What happens when Sauron takes back what is his?” Boromir spoke, as I froze. I never thought of what might happen if we fail. He would find me, I would be locked up in the palace in Mordor, become Queen one day? Have everyone and everything fear and hate me. I would be miserable.

“I will be dead before I see the Ring in the hands of an Elf!” Gimli shouted as a storm of argument erupted in the room. I sighed and stayed put in my seat, as Lord Elrond took a quick look at my arm. It was resting, the pain had gone.

“Do you not understand? While we bicker among ourselves, Sauron's power grows! No one will escape it. You will all be destroyed, your homes burnt and your families put to the sword!” Gandalf spoke over the shouting, but soon ended up in the argument. As they all fought amongst themselves, I heard a sudden ping! I watched as I saw the ring fly off stone, flying towards me. I gasped, Lord Elrond noticed, as he stood in front of me, the ring dropped to the ground. The connection was broken, as he placed it back on the stone.

“I will take it!” Frodo shouted. “I will take it!” He called again and soon everyone stopped and turned to look at Frodo.

“I will take the ring to Mordor!” He spoke in a strong clear voice.

“Though…I do not know the way.” He whispered as Gandalf smiled at walked over by his side.

“I will help you bear this burden, Frodo Baggins as long as it is yours to bear” He smiled.

“If by my life or death, I can protect you, I will.” Aragorn spoke as he kneeled down to Frodo. “You have my sword.” He smiled as he rose up.

“And you have my bow” Legolas smiled.

“And my axe” Cheered Gimli. Well what is left of his axe, I chuckled under my breath.

“You carry the fate of us all, little one. If this is indeed, the will of the council, then Gondor will see it done” Boromir spoke as if he was the most powerful. My that guy is so arrogant. Lord Elrond, looked over his shoulder at me, I hesitated as I had my hand resting on the edge of my sword. I looked up at Frodo, his eyes were pleading that I would come along as well.

“Sarah, please” Frodo whispered, as everyone’s eyes looked at me. I glanced at Lord Elrond as he smiled.

“Count me in” I smiled as I walked over; Gandalf looked worried for me, as he glanced over at Lord Elrond and he nodded. He smiled as I smiled back.

“What can a women do that will help us? She will only slow us down” Whined Boromir, as I was just about had enough of him.

“I could kill you in your sleep Boromir so shut up! I can be very helpful in many ways, I am more skillful than you, even if you wished to be the best and got your wish! You need to get into Mordor and out alive. I know how” I spoke as everyone gasped.

“How?” Legolas asked me as I gave a weak smile.

“Everyone has their secrets. Let me just say, mine will keep you all alive. I have been to Mordor before, not on the best of occasions….But I know a way to get you in unnoticed” I spoke slightly tensed, as Aragorn just smiled, and gave me a warm hug. I needed that.

“HERE!” I heard Sam shout, as he popped out from behind a bush. I laughed as he ran over to us.

“Mr. Frodo's not going anywhere without me.” Sam spoke as he crossed his arms over his chest.

“No, Indeed...it is hardly possible to separate you...even when he is summoned to a secret council and you are not.” Lord Elrond teased as Sam looked slightly guilty. I laughed along with Gandalf, as Lord Elrond just raised an eyebrow.

“Oi! We're coming too! You'll have to send us home tied up in a sack to stop us.” Merry and Pippin shout as they come running out from behind two pillars and ran over to us. I laughed even harder, Hobbits everywhere.

“Anyway...you need people of intelligence on this sort of mission...quest...thing...” Pippin spoke as he stammered the last few words.

“Well, that rules you out, Pip” Merry whispered to him, as we all laughed and Pippin just blushed a deep red. Lord Elrond just looked at us thoughtfully.

“Ten companions….So be it” He smiled.

“You shall be the ‘Fellowship of the Ring’” He announced, as the remaining Council members cheered.

“Great. Where are we going?” Pippin asked as I laughed and patted his shoulder.

“Oh Pippin” I laughed as Legolas said goodbye to the elves and the remaining members left back to their homes.