Be at peace, son of Gondor

*No One Pov*

Frodo suddenly finds himself on the stone steps...he clambers up the stairs, onto a high seat, perched on four stone pillars. Frodo cowers on the seat, like a lost child upon the throne of mountain kings. The world of mist swirls around him. Frodo peers out from the seat...the world seems to shrink. In all directions, Views of far off lands telescope towards him through the mist. IMAGES: ORCS spilling out of holes in the misty mountains... flames rising from Mirkwood...grim faced easterlings march to war...black ships sailing into the south. All the power of the Dark Lord is in motion. Frodo moves his gaze towards the east...fire explodes against the smoke, as a huge mass of black battlements fills Frodo's vision. A mountain of iron, immeasurably strong, tower of adamant: Barad-dur, FORTRESS OF SAURON!

SUDDENLY! SAURON'S EYE LEAPS TOWARD FRODO LIKE A FINGER OF LIGHT.

In black speech he shouts “They will fall!” Frodo leaps off the seat, and tumbles down the stairs! The eye sweeps Amon Hen like a searchlight, seeking its ring! With a huge effort, Frodo wrenches the ring off his finger...

*Frodo Pov*

I lied gasping on the summit of Amon Hen,below the ancient ruins of the seeing seat. I look up as Aragorn towers over me.

“Frodo?” Aragorn asked me, as I looked up at him. Sarah soon came from around the corner.

“It has taken Boromir.” I spoke numbly as Aragorn moves towards me.

“Where is the ring?” He asked me urgently. I backed away and Aragorn froze with a shocked face, from my movement.

“Stay away!” I pleaded as he stopped.

“Frodo...I swore to protect you.” Aragorn spoke to me, as I saw Sarah just standing as if frozen in time.

“Can you protect me from yourself?” I asked him as I uncurled my fist. In my palm lies the ring! It glints, gold and beautiful in the afternoon sun. I saw Sarah stiffen as her eyes were glued to them before she looked to me. Aragorn's eyes are drawn to it as well as he slowly came forward.

“Would you destroy it?” I asked him as he kneeled down to me.

“I would have gone with you to the end...into the very fires of Mordor.” He told me as he closed my hand, he had fought the temptation of the ring.

“I know...Look after the others, especially Sam...he will not understand.” I asked as he gave a weak smile. Sarah walked over and knelt down. She kissed my forehead, as I got a sweet scent of Vanilla.

“For luck. May you find the safest way to Mordor. I wished to guide you through the danger. But may you find help instead of me” She smiled, as I wrapped my arms around her neck. She hugged me back as I withdrew. I saw Aragorn freeze. Sarah drew her bow as Aragorn drew his sword. I looked at my sword to see it glowing blue, I saw her wrist glowing slightly. Orcs!

“Go, Frodo!” Sarah spoke urgently but I hesitated.

“Run! Run!!” They both shouted, as I took my leave and backed my way towards the trees and ran...

*Sarah Pov*

I heard the music as I sang this song:(PLAY WHILE READING)

200 Uruk-Hai swarm onto Amon Hen behind Aragorn and I! Aragorn attacks the leading URUK-HAI like a madman... he brings two down with his sword...leaping into the ruins as others close in on him. I was letting arrows fly, as I was dodging the swords, I brought four Orcs down with one arrows. Aragorn battles the URUK-HAI, amongst the pillars and blocks of Amon Hen. Despite his bravery, he is quickly surrounded... suddenly elvish arrows smash into the URUK-HAI. Legolas races out of the woods, firing his bow. Gimli leaps into the battle, wielding his might axe.

They kept coming, I drew out my sword, as I saw Orcs flinch and almost back down, as I easily swung my sword and danced to the music as I knocked them down dead…

*No On Pov*

Frodo is darting down the steep hillside as heave feet thunder down behind him, he can hear Sarah’s voice singing to him, he felt a slight bit of comfort but he knew he had to keep running.

“Mr. Frodo!” Sam is calling out for Frodo as he looks around through the forest for him. Back up at the fight where Sarah, Legolas are fighting back to back. Before a sudden chill runs down Sarah’s back, when she hears a certain command.

“Find the Halflings and the Princess ... find the Halflings and the Princess!” The Orcs grunted as Sarah felt her blood go cold.

“Sarah get out of here. Find Frodo, and get him safe” Legolas whispered to her. She didn’t want to leave him.

“Go” he pleaded, as she kissed his cheek and ran through the forest. Frodo stumbles and falls...quickly he crawls behind a tree...above him the sound of Uruk-Hai crashing through the forest rings out.

“Frodo!” Merry whispered to Frodo. Frodo turns to see Merry and Pippin hidden in a hollow, a few feet away.

“Hide here, quick!” The whispered to him,

“Come on...” Pippin hissed. Frodo looks at his friends... slowly shakes his head, a great sadness in his eyes...

“What's he doing?” Pippin whispered to Merry unsure. Merry's eyes meet Frodo's. Understanding.

“He's leaving.” Merry whispered to Pippin. Pippin felt heartbroken.

“No!” He demanded. Pippin stands and makes a move toward Frodo...Merry grabs at his arm.

“Pippin!” Merry shouted. They saw the Orcs running down towards them

“Hey you! Over here!” They shouted as they were leading the Orcs away from Frodo.

“It’s working!” Pippin called happily as they kept running.

“I know it’s working run!” Merry shoved him as they kept running.

*Sarah Pov*

I was running following the footsteps of Frodo. Until I froze to hear the sound of the horn of Gondor!

“No” I whispered, as I ran back the way I came, slicing Orcs as I went. Running with the wind, I saw Boromir protecting Merry and Pippin as I ran to his side and fought against the Uruk-hai that were charging at us.

“Run!” We kept telling Merry and Pippin, but they were frozen and throwing rocks at the Uruk-hai coming at us. Suddenly I hear a thud, as I see a black arrow plunging into Boromir’s chest. NO!

“BOROMIR!” I cried out, luckily he got back to his feet and kept fighting. Suddenly another arrow and another plunge into him as he gasp on his knees. Placing my sword in its sheath I run to his side, only to feet something hit hard against my head. I fell into to darkness…

*Aragorn Pov*

Lurtz aims his bow at Boromir's heart for the final blow, I see Sarah is nowhere to be seen. I hope she is safe. I charge at him, smashing the Bow with my sword. We lock into a deadly battle. He flung me across the ground as I ground. He drew his sword, as I swung hard and fast. Cutting off his sword hand, I then cut Lurtz down and races towards Boromir, who lies slumped against a tree...URUK-HAI arrows sticking out of his chest. At least 20 dead URUK-HAI lie heaped around Boromir. His horn lies at his feet...Cloven in two.

“They took the little ones...and Sarah” He gasped painfully, as I felt my blood stop. No! Sarah they can’t have taken Sarah! I tried to stop the flow of blood escaping from Boromir’s shoulder.

“Frodo...where is Frodo?” He asked me with panic.

“I let Frodo go.” I whispered. Boromir holds my gaze.

“Then you did what I could not. I tried to take the ring from him.” He confessed.

“The ring is beyond our reach now.” I told him, as he kept gasping in pain.

“Forgive me, I did not see..I have failed you all.” He managed to say as I shook my head.

“No, Boromir. You fought bravely. You have kept your honor.” I spoke as I tried to bind Boromir's wound.

“Leave it! It is over...the world of Men will fall and all will come to darkness and my city to ruin..Aragorn..”

“I do not know what strength is in my blood, but I swear to you... I will not let the White City fall, nor do your people fail...” I promised him as he drew in sharp breaths.

“Our people...our people...” He whispered. He tries to reach for his sword but struggles, as I place Boromir's sword in his hand. Boromir's fingers tighten around the hilt.

“I would have followed you, my brother...my captain, my King.” He spoke in his final words as I lay Boromir down. He is dead.

“Be at peace, son of Gondor.” I whispered as I bend forward and Kisses Boromir's forehead. Legolas soon appear by my side as I stand up.

“They will look for his coming from the white tower...but he will not return.” I spoke sadly.

“Where is Sarah?” Legolas asked me nervously as he looked around. He looked at my face, as his eyes widened. We made our way back to the river, as Legolas pulls out a boat for us to get in.

“If we are quick, we will catch Frodo and Sam before nightfall.” He spoke. I look towards the far shore; Frodo and Sam's small Boat can be seen lying on the distant Riverbank as Frodo and Sam make off into the forest beyond. I don’t react. Legolas turns and looks at me. We both knew how much us to wanted to save Sarah. We both loved her, it was obvious to everyone but her.

“You mean not to follow them...” He asked me.

“Frodo's fate is no longer in our hands.” I spoke.

“Then it has all been in vain...the fellowship has failed.” Gimli spoke sadly.

“Not if we hold true to each other. We will not abandon Sarah, Merry and Pippin to torment and death, not while we have strength left.” I spoke as I pull out my hunting knife out of my pack and strap it on.

“Leave all that can be spared behind...” I spoke again as I look back at the others.

“We travel light. Let's hunt some Orc.” I spoke grimly, I could see Legolas give a small smile.

“Yes!   Ha!” Gimli cheered. Within seconds we disappeared into the Woods, following the URUK-HAI trail…..