A plan for A diversion

*No One Pov*

Towards the dark Orc tower of Cirith Ungol. A light glows from the top window. In a small cold room Frodo is unconscious on the floor as his eyes suddenly flicker with life as he awakes from the poison of the Spider. Over his shoulder is the Orc Gorbag and the Uruk-hai Shagrat arguing over Frodo’s belongings and clothes! Gorbag is snatching for the mithril vest. When Shagrat growls at him.

“Hey! Hands off - that shiny shirt, that's mine.” He snapped.

“It's going to the Great Eye, along with everything else . . .” Gorbag hissed back as Frodo suddenly realizes that he has been stripped down to his underwear. He clutches at his throat to find no chain. And no Ring!

“I don't take orders from stinking Morgul rats!” Shagrat hissed as Gorbag grabs for the mithril vest.

“You touch it, and I'll stick this blade in your guts!” Gorbag snarled threatening as he draws his sword, but Shagrat was faster than Gorbag as he kicked him backwards with his foot! Gorbag falls through a trap door leading to the floor below! Gorbag lands in the guard room with a crash, creating sudden alarm amongst the Orcs and Uruk-Hai stationed there. Shagrat leans through the trap door.

“The scum tried to knife me! Kill him!” He shouted out as several Uruk-Hai converge on Gorbag - he lashes out, slashing one across the throat with his sword!The dead Uruk-Hai topples backwards over the parapet . . .... landing on top of Uruk-Hai and Orcs in the courtyard below. Within moments, a brutal civil war breaks out between the two companies stationed in Cirith Ungol!

In the distance Sam hurries towards the gate, fearful for FRODO. However when Sam reached the courtyard he is confronted with the sight of over 50 slaughted Orcs and Uruk-Hai, strewn over the courtyard! Sam takes no time in wasting as he pounds up the staircase then he suddenly pauses. Several Uruk-Hai are running down towards him! He grips sting and continues charging up and screaming at the top of his lungs!

The four Uruk-Hai see a huge distorted shadow on the wall in front of them! They turn around and flee in terror back to the top of the stairs! But then Sam appears and before the Uruk-Hai can fully regain their wits - he slays three yelling.

“That's for Frodo!” He yelled as one fell down dead.

“And for the Shire!” The second one fell down.

“And that's for my old Gaffer!” He shouted before he ran back up the tower. Where Frodo is struggling against his bonds, as Gorbag climbs back into the room with vengeance in his evil eyes.

“Stop your squeaking you dunghill rat!” He snapped at Frodo as Frodo tried to hide in panic. Gorbag grabs Frodo’s hair and pulls his head back, exposing his neck. He pulls out his sword, ready to cut Frodo’s throat as Frodo looks up terrified.

“I'm gonna bleed you like a stuck pig!” Gorbag snarled, when Gorbag suddenly gasped as Sting is rammed into his back and the head of Sam appears over his shoulder.

“Not if I stick you first!” Sam spat as Gorbag fell down dead.

“Sam!!!” Frodo exclaimed in joyous relief. Frodo was humbled by Sam’s unswerving loyalty.

“Oh, Sam . . . I'm so sorry . . . sorry for everything.” He kept apologizing as Sam quickly cuts the bounds that held Frodo.

“Come on.” Sam smiled as he helped Frodo up.

“It's too late. It's over . . . they've taken it. Sam - they took the Ring!!” Frodo spoke in a sudden despair.

“Begging your pardon, but they haven't.” Sam spoke quietly as Sam pulls out the ring still on its chain from his top pocket, holding it out.