The Fight for Gondor!

*Sarah Pov*

I had been fighting nonstop. I was slowly draining from energy. I had summoned an army of the shadows to by us time, but as I grew weaker so did the army. I had sent over twenty thousand orcs on each other but it wasn’t enough. There was over 50,000 more swarming the base of the city. I stood on the top of the wall , with a swift movement of my sword a gust of wind blew the closest hundred Orcs dead. In the distance I heard the sounds of horns as I smiled and looked up to see 6000 horsemen, lead by Theoden and Eomer. The black smoke rising from the city fueled the dark clouds giving the city an extra coat of protection. I watched as the battle field the highest ranking Orc was shouting out to his army that was facing the horsemen.

“Form ranks you maggots! Form ranks! Pikes in front, lances behind.” He shouted out as I watched the Orcs prepare for battle, I swooped down, as I knocked out another thousand. I was buying Gandalf as much time as I could inside the city. But I would have to return sooner rather than later. Receiving a shrieking pain in my arm from where I was bitten I gasped and appeared back to Gandalf as he caught me.

“Sarah are you hurt?” He asked as I saw Pippin looking exhausted and worried. I pulled him away.

“Gandalf it won’t be long now. You must do something for me” I whispered as he frowned. I pulled out a dagger: images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121207180010/runescape/imag...

“You must give this to either Legolas or Aragorn. When the time is right you know what will need to be done” I told him sadly as he took it.

“Don’t speak like that Sarah…”

“I must” I replied as I lifted the sleeve to my armor as my mark from where I was bitten, the poison was evidently showing to move through my veins as he gasped.

“I can hold her as long as I can. But you must let me go” I told him as I saw a tear in his eye. I pulled him into a tight hug.

“Don’t believe him” I whispered as I left and ran back out to the battle field.

*No One Pov*

ALL the HORNS of the ROHIRRIM burst BLAST upon BLAST! The 6000 ROHIRRIM move off, a great WALL of HORSES and SPEAR POINTS, building up to a GALLOP like a rising tide, as they CHARGE TOWARDS THE 50,000 ORCS! MERRY, wind blowing his hair, EOWYN'S ARM around his chest . . . as he YELLS at the top of his lungs ! GOTHMOG marshalling his troops.

“Fire!” Gothmog yells out. The first VOLLEY of ARROWS hit the ROHAN SOLDIERS . . . The charge continues . .

“Charge!” Théoden yells out as the second VOLLEY . . . GOTHMOG watches in HORRIFIED AWE as the ROHAN ADVANCE CONTINUES . . . SUDDEN FEAR runs through the ORC and URUK-HAI assembled on PELENNOR FIELD . . . The ROHAN charge like MEN POSSESSED!
The WALL of ROHIRRIM HORSES and SPEARS is seemingly unstoppable! Entire ORC COMPANIES vanish under their hooves, like sand beneath a foaming breaker, as they RACE towards the MAIN BODY of the ORC ARMY! ORC ARCHERS fire into the thundering ROHIRRIM . . . ORC SPEARS  LOWER . . . then SUDDENLY the ROHIRRIM crash into the ORCS and the screen is FILLED with hacking, SLASHING SWORDS and CLASHING SHIELDS . . . DENETHOR'S DEATH PLUNGE to the ROHIRRIM gaining the upper hand - VAST NUMBERS of ORCS are SLAIN, or are FLEEING!

“Drive them into the river!” Eomer called out as THEODEN STANDS PROUD in his saddle, YELLING to his ROHIRRIM!

“Make safe the city!” He yelled as THEODEN . . . his look of JOY turns to HORROR! Across the VAST SEA of BATTLE come ...... 20 MUMAKIL! MASSIVE elephant-like CREATURES, each carrying a WAR-TOWER, packed with HARADRIM ARCHERS! ROHIRRIM RIDERS PANICKING. THEODEN on his HORSE, CIRCLING AMONGST THEM.

“Reform the line...Reform the line!” Théoden shouts out as the ROHIRRIM HORSES MOVING BACK INTO LINE.

“Sound the charge!” Théoden called to Gimling.

“Charge!”

ROHIRRIM RIDERS CHARGE TOWARDS THE LINE OF MUMAKIL! The MUMAKIL BELLOW as they are goaded into war, driven mercilessly by their brutal HARADRIM MASTERS. They LUMBER into the SEA of MEN, crushing RIDERS and HORSES beneath their MASSIVE FEET! Their SPIKED TUSKS swing wildly, sweeping and impaling RIDERS! HARADRIM ARCHERS are sending a RAIN of ARROWS into the PANICKING ROHIRRIM! EOWYN and MERRY are THROWN from their HORSE ...

The SIXTH LEVEL of the CITY . . . Smoke rising around it, fires burning beneath it . . .A rabble of ORCS are clustered outside the SIXTH GATE as TROLLS pound on its WOODEN DOORS with HUGE HAMMERS. WOOD splinters . . . The DOORS are near breaking point.
GANDALF and PIPPIN sit on stone steps . . . Both covered in sweat and grime, bone-weary from fighting, spirits and hearts bruised . . . PIPPIN looks towards the WOODEN GATES at which a NUMBER of SOLDIERS continue to build a BARRICADE . . .

“I didn't think it would end this way . . .” Pippin spoke quietly. GANDALF looks at the SMALL HOBBIT a beat.

“End? No, the journey doesn't end here.” Gandalf spoke quietly. PIPPIN looks up at GANDALF, questioningly . . . .

“Death is just another path, one that we all must take.” Gandalf continued. GANDALF looks down to see PIPPIN looking up at him with fear in his eyes . . .

“The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back and all turns to silver glass . . . and then you see it . . .” He spoke as if he was remembering.  GANDALF breaks off, lost in reverie . . .

“What, Gandalf? See what?” Pippin asked him

“White shores ... And beyond . . . A far green country under a swift sunrise.” He replied softly. PIPPIN stares up at the OLD WIZARD'S FACE, softened, quiet and full of peace . . .

“Well, that isn't so bad.” Pippin spoke softly.

“No . . . No, it isn't.” Gandalf smiled gently. BOOM! GANDALF and PIPPIN'S faces turn as the WOODEN DOORS shudder under another BLOW. Just then Sarah reappeared by walking through the door of the gate, and collapsed onto her knees coughing and gasping. Her face was beading with sweat and she looked in pain with every movement she took. Gandalf and Pippin raced to her side and sat her down, as she winced.

“Sarah” Pippin spoke worried as she gave him a forced smile and patted his shoulder.

“It won’t be much longer now. He wants me” She muttered as Gandalf shredded a tear. She got back to her feet and ran, she reached the highest wall, and Pippin just watched her dive off. He gasped and cried out as Gandalf held him back. Only to watch the Witch-King on his Nazgul swoop up with Sarah fighting him. She fought hard and was weakening him until out of nowhere three other nazguls attacked and grabbed her. She struggled to escape their grasp before they flew her down to Mordor.

Back on the fields. The battlefield is in CHAOS as MUMAKIL decimate the VALIANT ROHIRRIM . . . THEODEN tries to rally his men amid the SEA of CRYING MEN and NEIGHING HORSES!

“Rally to me! To me!” Théoden called out. SUDDENLY the WITCH-KING SWOOPS down on his NAZGUL scooping up THEODEN and his HORSE ... they CARTWHEEL into the AIR and land in a heap ... the HORSE is .DEAD ... THEODEN lies DYING beneath it. The WITCH-KING swooping down on his FELL-BEAST! The FELL-BEAST lands on THEODEN'S DEAD HORSE.

“Feast on his flesh!” The WITCH-KING hissed as the FELL-BEAST opens its WICKED JAWS . . . ! A ROHAN SOLDIER stands before the BEAST . . . it is EOWYN!

“I will kill you if you touch him!” Eowyn spoke as the WITCH-KING laughs . . .

“Do not come between the Nazgul and his prey!” He hissed at her as the FELL-BEAST lifts EOWYN from her feet ...SUDDENLY! With a mighty SWORD BLOW, the FELL-BEAST'S HEAD is SEVERED! The huge CREATURE crumples to the ground, VAST WINGS out-stretched, sending the WITCH-KING sprawling! The WITCH-KING rises out of the wreckage . . . tall and threatening . . . EOWYN stands before him, the FELL-BEAST'S BLOOD dripping from her SWORD!

With a shrill SHRIEK of HATRED, he knocks EOWYN backwards with his MACE! STUNNED EOWYN tries to stand and is hit once again with another CRIPPLING BLOW . . .The WITCH-KING laughs once again as he SMASHES his MACE downward ... EOWYN tries to block the BLOW but her SHIELD shatters into MANY PIECES! The WITCH-KING towers over EOWYN ... raising his MACE for the KILLING BLOW!
Meanwhile back at the docks of Minas Tirith an ORC COMMANDER is hurrying on to the ANDUIN RIVER DOCKS, close to the CITY. LARGE BLACK SHADOWS slide across the DOCKS, as SAILING SHIPS approach O.S. A sinister BLACK SAILED SHIP GLIDES into the "DOCKS . . . 9 OTHER CORSAIR SHIPS follow behind.

“Late as usual! Get off your ships, you sea rats! There's knife work here needs doing.” The ORC COMMANDER shouted out angrily. ARAGORN leaping from the LEADING SHIP and charging across the DOCKS, ROARING at the top of his LUNGS! He is followed by LEGOLAS and GIMLI . . .Surprised ORC REACTION to the THREE charging towards THOUSANDS of ORCS!

“Plenty for the both of us . . . May the best dwarf win!” Gimli smirked as the ARMY OF THE DEAD suddenly LEAP straight out of the SIDES of the SHIPS! They charge ACROSS the SURFACE OF THE WATER with FRIGHTENING SPEED, overtaking ARAGORN! The ORCS SCREAM at the SIGHT of 5000 SPECTRAL WARRIORS!

The SPECTRAL WARRIORS SWARM into the flank of the QRC ARMY! With a raging blood-lust, the UNDEAD climb over the top of each other to try and reach the enemy, creating a kind of. ROLLING MOUNTAIN of GHOULS that sweep all before them away! The ORCS have no defence as their WEAPONS CANNOT MAKE CONTACT with the GHOSTS!

Meanwhile back in the field of battle. MERRY on the ground . . . He looks around to see THE WITCH-KING standing over EOWYN, pulling her to her FEET!

“No man can kill me . . . Die!” The Witch-King hissed as he held Eowyn by the neck. MERRY driving his SWORD into the back of the WITCH- KING'S KNEE! MERRY'S SWORD bursts into FLAME and his ARM is. shot with PAIN . . . EOWYN struggles to her feet . . . pulling off her HELMET. EOWYN . . . her LONG HAIR tumbling onto her shoulders!

“I am no man!” She snarled. With her last strength, EOWYN thrusts her SWORD into the WITCH-KING'S FACE! EOWYN'S SWORD SHATTERS into MANY SHARDS! The WITCH-KING topples back DEAD, a BLACK OOZE leaking from his ROBES and ARMOUR! A shuddering CRY, fading into a SHRILL WAIL passes with the WIND.

ARAGORN and LEGOLAS battle the ORC - LEGOLAS JUMPS onto the BACK of a GIANT MUMAKIL bringing it down ... he lands on his feet in front of GIMLI . . .

“That still only counts as one!” Gimli snarled out as the MUMAKIL react with terror as SPECTRAL WARRIORS climb up their SIDES, routing the HARADRIM from their WAR-TOWERS! ORCS flee in their THOUSANDS ... the TERRIFIED MUMAKIL trampling them in their PANIC to ESCAPE! The ARMY OF THE DEAD swarming over the CITY, routing the ORCS!

EOWYN crawls to where THEODEN lays, mortally wounded . . .THEODEN looks up at EOWYN ... his breathing shallow ... his vision clouded . . .

“I know your face ... Eowyn ...” The king gasped weakily. EOWYN smiles down at him as she GENTLY STROKES his FACE ...

“My eyes darken ...” Théoden spoke weakily.

“No . . . I am going to save you ...” Eowyn whispered.

“You already did . . .” He smiled at her lovingly.

“My body is broken ... you have to let me go” He told her as he held onto her hand.

“No” She cried as THEODEN touches her tear-stained face ...

“I go to my fathers . . . in whose mighty company, I shall not now feel ashamed ...” Théoden spoke. THEODEN is DYING . . .

“Eowyn?” THEODEN DIES ... EOWYN breaks down, SOBBING ... ALL AROUND is a VISTA OF DEFEAT. PELENNOR FIELDS . . . strangely SILENT . . . all ORCS have fled ... BATTLE DEBRIS and BODIES stretch as far as the eye can see... ABOVE MINAS TIRITH ... BLINDING SUN RAYS break through the LOW CLOUDS! GANDALF, LEGOLAS, GIMLI and PIPPIN watch as . . .ARAGORN walks slowly across the FIELD OF BATTLE towards the HIDEOUS GHOULS ...

“Release us.” The King of the Dead demanded.

“Bad idea. Very handy in a tight spot, these lads - despite the fact, they're dead!” Gimli spoke quietly.

“You gave us your word.” He snarled back.

“I hold your oath fulfilled . . . Go. Be at peace.” Aragorn smiled. The ARMY OF THE DEAD slowly DISSOLVE INTO DUST, and are immediately swept away by the four winds. ARAGORN turns to GANDALF who bows his head in HOMAGE ... PIPPIN, in his GONDORIAN armour, looks around at the devastation ... his eyes full of SADNESS ... they suddenly fix on something. PIPPIN running through the RUIN of the BATTLE . . . towards a SMALL FIGURE slumped on the ground ...

“Merry ...?” Pippin called out as MERRY stares unseeing at PIPPIN ... HORROR and SHOCK erasing all other memories from MERRY'S mind ... tears fall down PIPPIN'S FACE as he looks on his FRIEND . . .

“Merry . . . it's me, it's Pippin . . .” He spoke with tears in his eyes.

“I knew you'd find me.” Merry replied weakily. “Are you going to leave me?” He asked.

“No Merry, I'm going to look after you.” Pippin spoke as PIPPIN covers MERRY with a blanket . . .

“Where is Sarah?” Legolas asked Gandalf in a low whisper as he looked up at Legolas with sad eyes.

“She was taken.” He managed as Aragorn took a step back in disbelief.

“What?” He managed.

“Aragorn come. We must talk” Gandalf spoke numbly…..